What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel spider GAGE plug size

iamtheari

Well Known Member
Page 51-06 figure 1 claims that an F 1/4 PIPE PLUG is the correct plug for the GAGE port on the fuel spider. I ordered an F 1/4 PIPE PLUG from Van's and what I got came in a bag with that label, but it is definitely too big for the port on the fuel spider. I'm trying to figure out if the plans are wrong or if I just got a wrong part by happenstance.

I would try the F 1/8 PIPE PLUGs that came in the firewall forward kit, but they are both already installed in the sender mount on the firewall.

My micrometer says that the threads on the fitting that is in the fuel spider are 0.39" in diameter and that the F 1/4 PIPE PLUG I got from Van's is 0.53" in diameter. Does anyone know what is correct here?

Thank you for the link. I wish I had read that SB more closely before ordering parts since the RV-14 plans call out the wrong size plug. At least it's an easy problem to solve.

I used a plug that came out of the engine elsewhere can't remember exactly what. But one extra 1/8 plug came out of something during the baffle and fitting installations.

It turns out that this was subject to a revision in the plans. I have my printed plans, up-to-date, with the plane. I have a copy from the USB stick I ordered before I got the ticket on my computer. I used the latter to order the plug. Page 51-06 revision 0 from 12/15/15 has the F 1/4 PIPE PLUG called out. The revision from 2018 in the paper plans I have reflects the correct F 1/8 PIPE PLUG size.

Back