What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sam James sick

777Dave

Well Known Member
My sources in Florida (EAA565) report that Sam James has suffered a serious heart attack but is recovering well. I'm sure everyone on this forum wishes him a speedy, full recovery.
I have met Sam several times in the area of LaBelle, Fl., as well I have taken several fiberglassing seminars at OSH that he held. Very friendly and helpful.

Last edited:
For cryin out loud Sam, GET WELL SOON!

Sam,
You are my hero. You have built almost every mode of transportation there is. You need to get well so that you can build a submarine (I guess that's about all there is left). At least this way, you will probably end up designing a radical new cardiac care room. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Hope to see you at SNF in the spring!

Sam James submarine driver

I've Raced offshore powerboats professionaly against Sam back in the 80's and can tell you that he has been underwater in a few of these "boats". Sam is tops in whatever field he participates. Get better Sam. Gene

Get well

Get well soon Sam!:) Just got my -8 back flying and was gonna fly over to Sebring Wed. AM for breakfast with you guys.

Yeah Sam,please perk up & get well. You & Will have been good, kind & helpful to me over the years. We like having you around! :D
May God Bless & take care.

Get well fast, Sam!!!

... this morning at 9:30 my RV-9A - with Sam James cowl and plenum - went airborne for the first time. CHTs were within 20F across all four, with a max CHT of 409 on climbout. I couldn't be happier.

Get well fast .... we need more Sam James designs!!!

Get Well Soon.

Get well soon Sam....Hope you have a speedy recovery!!
Installing 2 James cowl plenum induction set-ups!
Caught Sam's show at Oshkosh this year too...
I was cuttin and sandin fiberglass yesterday and I'm itchin now!
Best Wishes Sam....

Jeez, I thought that you were too mean and ugly to get sick. Now I really have to watch myself. MJ and I wish you a speedy recovery and will try to visit. Don't stay out of the loop too long.

Best Wishes Shipmate

I've taken up Sam, several times, on his generous offer he makes each year at Oshkosk to call him for advice anytime. He takes the time to patiently answer this novices questions and doesn't make you feel like you are interrupting him. He is a true teacher from whom so many RV Builders at Oshkosh have benefited as they learned about the fiberglassing process and intersection fairing fabrication. Thank you Sam for your help and education. Best wishes and get well soon!

Back