What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Almost a 14 install(tip up) during construction tips?

dwranda

Well Known Member
I am getting the almost a 14 mod this week and am wondering if anyone has installed this on a tip up during construction. I am building the bulkheads right now and have studied the instructions on the anti splat site. If there are any tips to be shared I would love to hear them. I am leaving the bar un-riveted for now that is removed during the install.

I installed the mod on my QB -9A. Instructions were fine - I think I had to call AntiSplat Aero once with a question, but in retrospect probably should have just figured it out on my own.

Not real pleased with the way the center column cap fits over the flap motor. But that is a minor issue. The extra recline is definitely worth it for this 6' 4" builder.

I have not yet tried to figure out the tip up locking mechanism as I haven't started on my finish kit/canopy. I will be happy to send you pics of my installation if you get stuck. Feel free to PM me if needed.

Good luck - you will like the mod.

Lars

Back