What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Baggage bulkheads

HeliCooper

Well Known Member
I am having trouble getting the baggage bulkhead to line up with the rivet holes properly. Right now the top rivet holes all the way down the straight flange line up great but then there is a big twist on the bottom. I cannot figure out how to flute the bulkhead to make the fit actually work. Here it is with a few clecos around the top curve and down the straight flange.

30UDLev.jpg

I think that part goes on the right side flipped over.The flange/stiffner on that part (for tail cone access ) is inside tail cone, so the cover (that plugs the hole ) can sit on top (forward side) of this bulkhead.

Holy ****. Time to take the rest of the day off. Thanks to both you. I know this will blow your mind but it fits a lot better when on the right way. Ugh

Pretty much have everything available assembled and one thing I can say, if it does not fit, chances are you put it together wrong. My problem is once I get a picture in my head, it's difficult to change it and see things differently. On my last build (RV-10) I had partners and one of them could see past this and what a help that was.

Yeah I prepped the parts a couple weeks ago and just got the aft tailcone back from storage elsewhere. I didn't even review the plans before attempting to check the fluting. Additionally the part has some little twist in it so I assumed it had to do with the fluting. I know I will review sections before anything else in the future now. Thanks for the kind words, it takes a little sting out the hit to my pride :)

Back