What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel cap recomendations

Freakshow108

Well Known Member
Vans does not offer the deluxe fuel caps anymore. Looking for recomendations for a good substitute. Does not have to be locking but I am not aposed to them. Thanks in advance!

Fuel caps

They still show the Deluxe caps for sale. The Deluxe ones have a special flange. Vans says "On-line ordering is not available for this item. Please select the order form for this item from the order form page and mail or fax the completed form to us."

FUEL CAP
Part Number = T-00007A
Price = $28.50

FUEL CAP LOCKING
Part Number = T-00007C
Price = $52.00

The standard Usher caps are also available from ACS.

Al

I just talked to them today and they said that they were no longer available, hopefully I can find them elsewhere.

I was poking around and believe the "deluxe" caps are Newton-equipment AERO 300 series caps. I think the big issue will be finding a flange that is curved to match the RV wings. I have the Usher caps (QB), but a friend has these. They are a mechanical latching style with an o-ring seal at the top, not the expanding o-ring style of the Ushers. nice caps.

https://www.newton-equipment.com/Angled Neck_NewtonEquipment.pdf

Caps

Spruce lists the SPRL caps which look the same as the Vans Deluxe cap. They show both locking and non.

LIGHTWEIGHT LOCKING SPRL FUEL CAP WITH THREADED FLANGE

Not In Stock
(Expected Mon Jan 14 2019 if ordered today)
(0) review this Part # 05-28667 Quantity:

Al

I was poking around and believe the "deluxe" caps are Newton-equipment AERO 300 series caps. I think the big issue will be finding a flange that is curved to match the RV wings. I have the Usher caps (QB), but a friend has these. They are a mechanical latching style with an o-ring seal at the top, not the expanding o-ring style of the Ushers. nice caps.

https://www.newton-equipment.com/Angled Neck_NewtonEquipment.pdf

Yep mine look like these Newtons but you may need to call the company to see if they have the curved ring for the wings (maybe Van's machined it?).

I am really quite surprised to see Van's no longer selling these, everyone I know personally has upgraded the fuel caps.

Curved flange

I talked to Robin a while back - was able to get curved flanges easily. Might be that you need to contact the company to get what you want. FYI I used the Aero 300 caps with locks...good stuff - no leaks.

Andair

I have Andair locking fuel caps. They have been working without problem for 9 years.

Custom flanges get prosealed into the stock opening. This does reduce the size of the opening a little bit but it has never been a problem for me.

I don't know if Andair is still making them.

You can order the Aero 300 caps with the Van?s flanges directly from Newton. Just installed them in my RV-10 slow build fuel tanks.

They are nicely made and operate much easier than the stock Usher caps. The flanges are machined to fit the curve of the tanks.

Just received my deluxe gas caps from Newton. They are as nice as advertised. Thanks for the info Katanapilot!

Back