What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy Perspex help

Cam7nut

Hi,
I?d like to ask if you know where Van?s purchases the Perspex from for the standard RV canopies (or where the company who makes Vans canopies buys it?s perspex from).
I have a crack in my standard light grey tint RV-7 slider windscreen and I have the facility to manufacture a new one, but can?t source the correct grade of Perspex in a light grey tint here in Australia. I?m thinking if I can purchase a flat sheet of the correct Perspex from USA, then I can make a new windscreen.
Thanks and regards

Interesting excersise. With the poor exchange rate, the cost of a large enough piece and the cost of shipping it won't be a cheap outcome i reckon, good luck:)

one more Krazee idea...

ok, so Van's has the quick-built kits assembled in the Philippines, and then crated up, so wouldn't there be a nice new canopy just a 'couple miles' away from you in Aus? ;-)
...or....perhaps the smoke tint acrylic is made in ( gasp) 'the far east' ...again, could a guy find the source, and get it shipped direct?

good luck mate! :)

ok, so Van's has the quick-built kits assembled in the Philippines, and then crated up, so wouldn't there be a nice new canopy just a 'couple miles' away from you in Aus? ;-)
...or....perhaps the smoke tint acrylic is made in ( gasp) 'the far east' ...again, could a guy find the source, and get it shipped direct?

good luck mate! :)

im sure scott will jump in soon but i dont think the canopies ever go to philippines. they get shipped to oregon and are put in the boxes there. i think they only ship the parts that are needed to assemble the quick build parts there.

bob burns
RV4 n82rb

im sure scott will jump in soon but i dont think the canopies ever go to philippines. they get shipped to oregon and are put in the boxes there. i think they only ship the parts that are needed to assemble the quick build parts there.

bob burns
RV4 n82rb

This is correct.
If you send an email to support@vansaircraft .com, and explain what you want like be able to give you the info you need.

Back