What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTX 23 backshell

8 Builder

The backshell supplied with my GTX23 ES is the correct part number as per the manual. I can not see how it will be attached to the GTX. All other back shells have had jackscrews. This one does not. Have I assembled something wrong?:confused:

The backshell supplied with my GTX23 ES is the correct part number as per the manual. I can not see how it will be attached to the GTX. All other back shells have had jackscrews. This one does not. Have I assembled something wrong?:confused:

Hello Rich,

As shown on page D-2 of the Rev. G GTX 23ES installation manual, two screws are used to secure the connector/backshell to the rear plate on the rack.

This allows you to slide the transponder in/out of the rack without removing the connector.

You will find this is common on all of the rack mounted devices like GMA 245, GTR 200, and GTX 23ES.

Let us know if you have questions.

Thanks,
Steve

GTX 23 back shell

Now I see the way it goes together. I am obviously a newbie and didn't realize that some of the back shells were attached to the LRU cases permanently, with the LRU just sliding into it. Thanks for the info.

Rich

Back