What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cylinder rebuilders in Central Florida.

cirruspilot

Well Known Member
Hi:
I have a six cylinder Cont. that had five cylinders 'fail' a compression test.
The engine has about 1200 Hours since new.
Thinking of maybe Don George in Orlando.
Any suggestions will be helpful.
Thanks, Don

An interesting facet of this question is which shops actually do the machine work versus taking your parts and sending them to a "big cylinder shop" or "big crankcase shop" or whatever.

JB is absolutely your man. He does a lot of conti work.
http://www.jbaircraftengines.com/
He just expanded his shop and just did my 6 cylinder top to bottom. He does everything from turbos, kit engines, to full overhauls of various engine types. His shop is a thing of beauty. A place where you want your engine built. And when you meet him, he is a guy you want working on your engine.

I've been dealing with JB Aircraft Engine service for the last 6 years.
6 flawless engine builds here in Cincinnati.
Great service!!!!

Gibson Aviation. El Reno. Oklahoma if you feel like shipping, Marshall Gibson great guy and been in the business ALONG time.

Also recommend Herman at Zephyr Engines. One of the best around. I have had several customers planes engines rebuilt/repaired there. Great work, even nicer people

Jay

Also recommend Herman at Zephyr Engines. One of the best around. I have had several customers planes engines rebuilt/repaired there. Great work, even nicer people

Jay

+1 on Zephyr Engines. They did my Lycoming O360 six years ago and he did an excellent job.

:cool:

On the subject of cylinders does anyone have any experience with J&J Air Parts in Texas or Preferred Air Parts?
Thanks

Back