What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Blank aileron hinges

togaflyer

Well Known Member
Does anyone have the part numbers for the blank (no mounting holes drilled) for the inboard and outboard left aileron hinges. The pre drilled ones are A-1007-L and A-1006. Van?s parts department had no idea and I can?t reach their builder support.

Thanks.

My *memory* (can?t be sure) is that these are the same as the RV-7 parts, which are or were in the on-line catalog.
In my case I only needed to move the left outboard hinge down 1/32 or 1/16?, so I slotted the holes, added JB weld and re-drilled.

You can also slot them and when you have the right position, drill a #30 hole in the center and install a SS pop rivet to eliminate any vertical movement. On my 6, I slotted them (about 1/16" of movement available). I figured I would put the rivet in when done testing. I never got around to that and 600 hours later (checking for movement on every pre-flight) it hasn't moved. I figured the worst that could happen was it would slide into it's old position, which was perfectly safe.

Larry

Last edited:
Thanks for the advise. I Looked over the heavy wing article from Van’s and it states an A-406 and A-407 bracket. They need to be trimmed down a bit to match the original. I ordered those and an extra A-1006 just in case.

Thanks for the advise. I Looked over the heavy wing article from Van’s and it states an A-406 and A-407 bracket. They need to be trimmed down a bit to match the original. I ordered those and an extra A-1006 just in case.

Unfortunately, the 7 inner brackets can not be made to fit the 10. The outer brackets can. Just get the original 10 inner brackets, weld up the holes (anneal) and drill to new hole locations.

Last edited:
Back