What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Relocating to Dothan Alabama

Pat Stewart

Well Known Member
After living in RV heaven (Fort Worth Texas) I will be moving soon to Dothin Alabama. Just curious about the local RV community as well as local airport feedback.

Pat

After living in RV heaven (Fort Worth Texas) I will be moving soon to Dothin Alabama. Just curious about the local RV community as well as local airport feedback.

Pat

Pat,
You'll be surprised how many RVs we have in the Wiregrass. I have a RV-4, my buddies have RV-6, 7, and 8 (almost flying) at the Enterprise Airport (EDN). I'm the sec/treas of EAA local chapter 351, so give me a call when you get here. Hard to find hangers in this area with long waiting lists. BTW it's Dothan.

Bill McLean
tel# 334-503-0551
Daleville, AL

Pat,
As Bill says, there are several of us around here. I have an RV-4 in Donalsonville, GA - about 35 miles east of Dothan. There is an RV-7A in Headland, Alabama. Headland is just north of Dothan and is not a bad choice to be based out of. Very good GA airport. Alton Deweese is building an RV7A in Dothan. He is also on this list.
What are you going to do in Dothan?

Jerry Isler
RV4 N455J
C140A N9641A

Dothan

Thanks Bill and Jerry, I will be in Dothan on May the 5th. I will be commuting between Ft Worth and Dothan until I sell my house. Im looking forward to metting you guys and the local RV group.

Pat;);)

Moving to Dothan

Ive been in Dothan for a couple of weeks. I will be looking around this weekend at all the local airports. I am working at Pemco so Dothan/Headland would be close.

Pat Stewart
RV 8A
334-796-8785

A local EAA chapter has a fly-in today. Enterprise, Al. KEDN, starts at 09:30. See ya there.

I am also relatively new to the Dothan area and my wife and I are looking to build an RV-10 or possibly a -7. We would love to take a look at any of the RV's (already flying or being built) and talk to any builders in the local area. We stopped by the Enterprise airport several months ago and saw an RV in the hangar, but couldn't find anyone to talk to. If anyone is interested in giving us a quick tour please let me know. Thanks!

Tony
Cell: 937-532-4862
[email protected]

Tony, I met your lovely wife in the Houston county tag line today. What a coincidence. I gave her my address and cell phone number. Give me a call. If I am off, I am probably in the garage building. I am off tomorrow and the rest of today. I have to work the weekend though.

RV's in the dothan Area

I will be renting a spot in the community hangar at Headland and have placed my name on the list for a T-Hangar as well. I plan to fly my 8A from Ft. worth to Headland on July 6th weather permitting.

Pat Stewart
334-796-8785

Back