What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV12 - Rotax ULS fuel pressure Notice

rcarsey

Well Known Member
Not sure how long this was on Van's website, just noticed it tonight:

http://vansaircraft.com/public/Notification-2018-07-12.htm

describes the optional remediation of potential low fuel pressure warnings which can affect some Rotax 912 ULS equipped aircraft.

Replace pressure sender with Kavlico unit. Remove weather seal on unit. Replace aux fuel pump with another that has higher psi.

Are there new ("Latest") Van's fuel pressure settings?

This is an excerpt from the referenced 7-12-18 Notification

Step 4: If using a SkyView avionics system, download and install the latest settings file for your EFIS system from Van?s website. Follow the instructions in the provided read-me file. This will update the fuel pressure ranges to match new values agreed upon between Van?s Aircraft and Rotax. Garmin systems already use these range values, no update is required.

Are there new ("Latest") Van's fuel pressure settings? Where would O find these?

All well and. Good, but question remains what is really being resolved in this process? If indeed the pressure sensor is failing to provide accurate pressure indication, but true pressure is what we want it to be why make the change ?The Kavlico is ?more? accurate but so what. Expense and work and we still don?t really know what we are getting. Seems we could do better than that.
Dick Seiders

Don?t get me wrong Van?s I appreciate what you are doing , but it doesn?t go far enough is what I?m saying.
Dick Seiders

Back