VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > Acts of Charity (using your RV)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2010, 10:35 AM
Forum Peruser

Arrow Pilots n Paws Dog Rescue Flight needed: Lexington, KY to Lawrenceville, GA

There is a current need to transport a 20 lb Boston Terrier from Lexington, KY to Lawrenceville, GA. The distance is about 250 nm one way which would be an easy flight for an RV, especially if you are based near either of the two end points. If you're interested in making this trip, contact Susie Cobb, the Boston Terrier Rescue Regional Coordinator for GA and SC at suzycobb "at" gmail "dot" com

Her phone numbers are provided below:

Susie Cobb
Boston Terrier Rescue of E TN
Regional Coordinator, GA/SC
H 803-279-8069
C 706-726-2221
"To the world you are just one person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

Weather looks to be good VFR Thursday and Friday but I don't know if the dog will be allowed to live that long. Please help if you can.
Pilots'n Paws Pilot
N79599/APRS Automatic Position Reporting System

“Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights;
it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

"It should be added that the sublime beauty of the facture brings within the realm of discourse the substructure of critical thinking. " -using Doug's Art Critique jargon link and my birthday, I get this!

Last edited by rv7boy : 07-13-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Forum Peruser

Default Your chance to save two dogs

Susie emailed me to tell me a four month old Doxie pup will be arriving in Lawrenceville from SC around noon on Thursday, 7/15. The pup will need transport from Lawrenceville to Chattanooga. This would be a great opportunity for a pilot near KLZU to help two dogs on the same trip by flying to Chattanooga and then up to Lexington, KY to pick up the Boston Terrier.

Same email and phone numbers as before...if you can help.

Any questions, you can contact me rv7boy "at" yahoo "dot" com
Pilots'n Paws Pilot

it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

"It should be added that the sublime beauty of the facture brings within the realm of discourse the substructure of critical thinking. " -using Doug's Art Critique jargon link and my birthday, I get this!

Last edited by rv7boy : 07-13-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Forum Peruser

This transport is no longer needed.
Pilots'n Paws Pilot

Old 07-27-2010, 06:08 PM

Please tell us that there was a favorable outcome????!!!! Your initial post made me cringe on the fate of the Terrier.
RV-6 N506MM VAF #1410
2017 Donation Made
Old 07-28-2010, 12:40 PM
Forum Peruser

Default Good outcome

Since no pilots came forward, the dog was transported by car. Two drivers, one from Kentucky and the other from Georgia, met halfway and successfully got the Boston Terrier to Georgia. Much slower, but better than being killed.

As for the other dog, I don't know. I hope he/she made it okay.

Thanks for asking.

Don

P.S. One of the rescuers told me the other day she routinely sends out messages to almost 200 pilots and typically gets less than 10 replies; then only about two or three become serious candidates to fly a particular flight.
Pilots'n Paws Pilot