What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-1 Photos - Work Day #4

Special Delivery

Well Known Member
Work Day #4 began as an impromptu gathering to complete a few small tasks, but it quickly blossomed into a full fledged work day with 10 volunteers in the shop! Many familiar and a few new faces tackled a variety of tasks... a Service Bulletin issued for a Stitts Playboy horizontal stabilizer was completed, flying wires were tuned, canopy hardware installed and functioning smoothly, belly pan completed except for final fit and attachment, major progress on engine baffles, measurements for fuel lines completed, and a small parts order was placed. We were blessed with beautiful weather and it was a VERY productive day!

The RV-1 project is made possible by a dedicated community of volunteers and vendors who generously donate their time, expertise, and financial support. To everyone involved - Thank You!... Job Well Done!

29Dec2011
NEWS FLASH from RV-Central

Work Day #4(Wed) has passed, Work Day #5(4.1-Thur) is now in the record book, and it looks like Work Days #6 and #7 will take place this weekend!
Jay Pratt-"Yesterday was another huge success. We had 8 guys and gals here. We made a lot of progress."

Click on the album cover... enjoy!

Quick Link to ALL Picasa Albums >> HERE

Last edited:
Love the caption "Why drive when you can fly"

_DSC2943.JPG

Great photos. I need to find some time to help. The new restaurant has the absolute BEST burgers anywhere!

And my A model had a front row spot along with Val.

When leaving, about the time I got the nosewheel onto pavement, I realized I should have used a towbar for that part of the maneuver. I hope I didn't rearrange the shop too much.

Work Day 5

Work day 5!
Thursday Dec 29, 2011
Yesterday was another huge success. We had 8 guys and gals here. We made alot of progress.

Work day 6
Friday Dec 30,2011
Today Friday promisses to continue the momentum. Three of us are here and expecting a few more.
We need you too. Come on over if you can

Last edited:
We need you too. Come on over if you can

You know, we'd be back up there today, except we have this new -3 to fly, and my crotchety old DAR wouldn't give me that big of a Phase 1 area.... (just kidding Mel!!) :D

Seriously, if you're in reach of Hicks, what a great way to spend a holiday if you have the time. Can't wait to see the final report for the week Jay!

Paul

You Gotta Love the One You are With

Heck, we even let folks commute in Cessnas. We park 'em on the side, but....:p

Well, it still bets driving!
Maybe you could do something about organizing a work month - for those of us who have an old Cessna and are still dreaming of flying our very own RV:D. I'll order a kit this evening if I know I can count on you Paul.

Really did enjoy meeting everyone there. Being new to the scene, I certainly appreciated how welcomed I was made to feel. Will be back for more.

All the Best,

Clayton

I'll order a kit this evening if I know I can count on you Paul.

Really did enjoy meeting everyone there. Being new to the scene, I certainly appreciated how welcomed I was made to feel. Will be back for more.

Clayton, it was great to meet you too! Go ahead and order the emp kit - you won't be sorry. There are TONS of folks around here to help you out. 52F and Hicks have a great number of RVators willing and able to show you the way...

Stop by our barn sometime and I'll show you our little project. We're just around the corner (literally). We have the red barn on 1171 as you head in to Flower Mound (with the Skunk Works logo on the side).

Back