What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Placards

jacksel

Well Known Member
Does anyone know if there is a prefabricated placard which specifies "100LL or 91 min octane auto fuel (non-ethanol)"? I'm getting my RV-7 ready for inspection and want to get just the right placards in place. I couldn't find it on Spruce.

I'm all for proper labeling but don't let that delay your inspection. Masking tape and a sharpie will get you by for the inspection.

Engraving the caps may be an option. The EAA packet has tons of small pre made labels. Was handy for last minute labeling.

Use a label maker and put clear tape over it. It looks professional enough until you get some fancy ones.

Just as an aside, try to avoid the temptation to ad "LL" to your labeling.
Someday "LL" fuel will be going away. The requirement is for minimum octane and quantity. Lead content is nowhere in the requirements.

Standard and Custom Fuel Placards

AeroGraphics has a number of standard as well as custom fuel placards available. Fast service and very high quality. I have used them for many of the placards on both planes I have built.

Click on the "Catalog" tab to see what they have available.

Use a label maker and put clear tape over it. It looks professional enough until you get some fancy ones.

The "Brother" label makers are great. The tape they use holds up very well even if you do not put clear tape over them. Without tape, they will eventually start to peel off but by that time you may have "engraved" fuel caps.

Back