What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

airtable

coffeeguy

Well Known Member
I have been playing around with airtable a little bit lately to see if it would work as a build log. I was wondering if anyone has used it and what their thoughts were. I will say that I haven't spent a lot of time with it, but it looks promising. Embedding pictures directly into the document looks like a plus.

I've built rudimentary tables for the tail, fuse, and wings so that I can track the time for each section. Not sure it's an upgrade from excel, but I like having the photos in there instead of a hyperlink to the photo.

The website is www.airtable.com.

I have tried to embed photos in Excel unsuccessfully. Airtable looks very useful for a lot of things.

Printing

Yes, you can print the different views. It looks just like the view in the web browser. I haven't figured out if I can print out the pictures separately and easily without bringing each one up. I'm not putting all of my data into it until I figure out if it's worth it to me. The free version has some limited capabilities and I'm just trying to figure out if I can live with those and not have to pay a monthly fee.

I have duplicated the empennage base and renamed them fuselage, wing and shop. That way I can track build time in each category. IIRC you can have lots of bases, but your pricing is based on the number of records. You get 1200 records per base for free. I guess if you approach 1200 build session records on your fuselage you can create a fuselage2 base. Also 2G of storage for attachments per base. Not entirely sure if I have all of this 100% right. Just looking for a possible excel replacement.

Back