What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Five -14's flying?

SabreFlyr

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Just checked the Hobbs Meter on Van's site. It says there are five -14's flying. I was only aware of four, Stoney's being the last. Anybody else?

RE: 5 Flying RV14's

According to the Van's Aircraft Facebook page,

"The First customer built RV-14 to fly, was multiple RV builder Robert Herring in Australia who flew on March 26."

So, the two factory 14's, Mitch Lock (also a factory aircraft), Robert Herring in Australia, and most recently Stoney Ware. The RV14 flood gate is starting to open. Woo Hoo

N477DR

Robert D Van Duyn, at Hidden Valley Airpark (5TX0), was I believe the 1st customer built in the US. RV-14A, signed off 05 APR 2016.

Robert D Van Duyn, at Hidden Valley Airpark (5TX0), was I believe the 1st customer built in the US. RV-14A, signed off 05 APR 2016.

Has he flown? I think I remember that he got his AC but haven't seen any 1st flight announcement.

RV-14 first flight

Mel signed my aircraft on 5 Apr and it flew for the first time two days later. Since then I have flown four more times. The aircraft is as expected a very balanced aircraft, no heavy wing or unexpected tendencies. Speeds appear to be in line with what van's expected. The 390 is starting to break in with CHT in the 320 to 330 range. Oil temps were in the mid 190s and since have come down to the 180 range.

I bought my RV10 from Robert Van Duyn in August 2014 & if I remember correctly from corresponding with him he started on his wing kit in Oct or Nov of that year. He said his wife is an active participant in building and he obviously moves pretty fast. He and his wife finished mine in 2 years & I am of course biased but think the workmanship is excellent.

Back