What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Today's Off Topic.......

Mel

Legacy Member
Mentor
....Only if the Bishop moves forward 3 spaces!

VAFDR_1%202019-08-11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There?s obviously not a lot of Grandmasters on VansAirforce. :) The Bishop only has to move one square forward on the diagonal (in the direction he is facing) and the queen can then move 3 squares on the diagonal and take him.

There?s obviously not a lot of Grandmasters on VansAirforce. :) The Bishop only has to move one square forward on the diagonal (in the direction he is facing) and the queen can then move 3 squares on the diagonal and take him.

Well..............it sure didn't take me long to get in way over my head! :eek:

Jim

No, I believe the Queen would then only have to move two spaces to take the bishop.

Yes, that's correct.
The only safe move for the bishop is to move 2 spaces, or 4.

And the best news is that it would be almost impossible for the bishop to take the queen.

The funniest thing would be if the queen knighted herself, she could take the bishop where he stands. Can the queen knight herself? Surely not in Chess, but maybe in real life?

No, as a knight, she would only be able to move to a white square from her current position.

Oh, right. When I looked before I thought the bishop was on the white square that is over two and up one. But he is over 3. So she needs to move one square to her right, then knight herself.

The guy in the blue suit, most likely not a pawn, is reaching for his gun, just in case the bishop tries to move illegally and tries to take the Queen.

The funny part is my son learned to play Chess at SnF when he was six. Mary's grandson taught him.

The funny part is my son learned to play Chess at SnF when he was six. Mary's grandson taught him.

Well that's just great...............now I find out that a 6 year old could probably kick my rear end at chess! :eek:

Jim

Back