While waiting for the finish kit I brought a 3D printer and got a bit carried away at first printing epic world dominating monsters (albeit a couple of inches tall and made out of orange plastic
) but then looked at doing something for the aircraft that wasn't structural or hard for a first time CAD design.
I made a 57mm panel drilling guide, then a rivet pusher (to help push those rivets in the tighter holes) and finally a step plug (just the fronts, I have left the backs open to allow any moisture to get out).
Test fitting (one of the first ones I made that didn't fit very well)
And finally painted
*Apologies for the link in the photos, I linked them up from my blog site.