VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 03-09-2017, 12:21 PM

Default A.C.

Welcome I aboard. I to have thought about an A.C. in our 14a. We chose to 14a for comfort after all. However, when we flew with Mitch, in the factory demo, it was 87 and muggy! It was a bit uncomfortable up until engine start. He is at about 140' MSL so at 3500 I had very cool air coming inside the vents right at my knee. Also the sliding curtain attached to the top of the canopy helps a lot.

I used to sell airplanes in 90-91. Some of the higher end planes Saratoga, B58 had A.C. and you had turn the A.C. off for take off. I have no clue if that is till the same on new models of planes and newer A.C. units. It has been a few years but I seldom recall ever really using A.C. in flight other than a novelty. Just MHO.

Taked Care and Good Luck
Shane Barker #140351
Commercial/Instrument
EAA/AOPA
RV-14a Emp in process
Old 03-09-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanecfi View Post
Welcome I aboard. I to have thought about an A.C. in our 14a. We chose to 14a for comfort after all. However, when we flew with Mitch, in the factory demo, it was 87 and muggy! It was a bit uncomfortable up until engine start. He is at about 140' MSL so at 3500 I had very cool air coming inside the vents right at my knee. Also the sliding curtain attached to the top of the canopy helps a lot.

I used to sell airplanes in 90-91. Some of the higher end planes Saratoga, B58 had A.C. and you had turn the A.C. off for take off. I have no clue if that is till the same on new models of planes and newer A.C. units. It has been a few years but I seldom recall ever really using A.C. in flight other than a novelty. Just MHO.

Taked Care and Good Luck
Cirrus and aftermarket (and current production) Bonanza/Baron AC units made by AC Services in Tennessee don't have to be turned off on takeoff. But they are STC'd for the specific aircraft.