VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 03-08-2017, 11:03 AM

Default Dynon pitot mount bracket

Good morning, I am building a RV-10 and in the process of planning for the mounting of the AOA/Pitot bracket the same place Van's calls out theirs. I noticed that when I line up said bracket that the holes in the wing spar that the outer holes are very close to the edge ( just under 1/16" ). Is there a different mount for the RV-10? Am i missing something? The template provided is exactly the same as the pitot mount, so no discrepancy there but the holes on the wing spar are slightly further apart from each other than what is shown on the template which would then mean the holes for the wing skin will be off too.

I did some looking around on-line and there are only a few pics from the inside showing how close the outer two rivets are on that bracket. just thought I would through this out there... This group is a great resource to bounce this stuff off of.

Thanks in advance.
Robert

Old 03-08-2017, 11:10 AM

You use the existing holes in the spar as drill guides for the mount. Just make sure you space the mount so that you don't get a hole too close to the edge.

You will note the mount joggle is not flush with the edge of the spar. This is ok. you want the holes such that the mount does not interfere with the line of spar hoses for the leading edge.

Carl
Old 03-08-2017, 11:41 AM

I ended up moving mine closer to the rib and only using three holes across the spar, then to stiffen it up I riveted it to the rib with a little piece of angle. Just don't do this until you get the skins riveted on. I also took the template and traced it on a piece of aluminum and cut it out so I had a template I could cleco to the skin and know where to make the cutout for the mast.

Lynn
Old 03-08-2017, 12:04 PM

Thanks Carl and Lynn. Those where my concerns and thoughts too.... just wanted to talk out loud for a bit, in the " safe place " of an internet forum