- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-7/7A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by az_gila View Post
Yes... I can see the pics now.
Thanks, Gil weird problem. I used my wifes iPad to check, but your confirmation is best.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:31 AM

Bill,

We swapped posts on the other thread. I can see some potential issues with the tool you made. If you want to discuss, you can call me at 601-879-9596, or email me mcsophie@gmail.com with your number & I'll call you.

Charlie
Old 03-14-2017, 07:11 PM

Default What did work . . .

So, the stagger on the curves outboard of the canopy pivots was show in an earlier post. Here is what worked. Removed the F771. Added shims to see if that would effect the desired match. It worked very well. All the holes matched except for the L/S longeron. A calculation indicated that the longeron holes had to be .060" lower on the skin to match. This was almost the exact amount needed. After understanding what was needed, a new F771 was purchased along with a blank. [shipping cost was obscene, another story] All holes were match drilled, perimeter modified for gap control, and the longeron (L/S) holes were dropped .060" along with that edge. Processed all as originally and the finished product is very satisfying. The mate is not perfect, but well within thickness of the skins.

The only reason for posting this is to let others know what might work. I think if care is taken when the subframe is installed, all this could have been avoided and shims room for shims would be available. I just did not have a good perspective of the design and its sensitivities at the time. So if you find yourself wanting to get rid of the "scoops", this is a very straightforward way with no risks. 40 hrs, could have been 2 with some foresight.

Last edited by BillL : 03-14-2017 at 07:22 PM.