Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 03-04-2016, 03:30 AM

Episode 2 is now on youtube find it here:

Australian Adventure Ep2. Cobar and White Cliffs

We explore Cobar, NSW on our Brompton fold up bicycles, check out what happens in a weather station and head to White Cliffs, NSW where everyone lives underground!

Setting up camp the first night. All equipment carried on our Brompton fold out bicycles.

White Cliffs, NSW where everyone lives underground in "dugouts"

Yep, we're in the outback!

Last edited by haydnc : 03-04-2016 at 03:54 AM.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:53 AM

The discovery of this discussion thread has resulted in my productivity taking a serious hit today!

Great videos, well shot and well edited. Whilst the intent may have been to show how to get around Australia by airplane, I have to admit that I'm really enjoying seeing the smaller towns further from civilization, learning about them, their history, and the way people live in an environment which can only be described as harsh.

You two make a great pair of travelers. Your focus on getting the right gear to make possible this kind of airplane adventure is great to see in action. Our airplane will carry more, but that doesn't mean it should, particularly if we are going to be ferrying any of the gear by bicycle. These videos are an excellent "how to" lesson!
Old 03-04-2016, 09:22 AM

Default Awesome!

Thanks for the video's of your trip. My wife and I flew that area in 2001 with Goana Air Safaris. Spent 10 days flying the whole SE Corner of Australia. We had an absolute blast. Stayed in the underground hotel in White Cliffs, Visited Broken Hill and Silverton. Seeing your videos it's like I was there all again. Yes it is hot in White Cliffs, lol. If you have time check out Echuca. Lovely little town. Keep the video's coming.

Camels on the road near Broken Hill
It's an airplane!
First Flight 1-13-2013!

Last edited by Don Jones : 03-04-2016 at 10:37 AM.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:06 PM

Great videos - very enjoyable.
I am really impressed how you managed to fit in all the gear you need and two bikes! My only suggestion is you really need a Kroger sunshade on that tip up canopy to help survive an outback summer

Fin
9A
Guyra
Australia

Last edited by Finley Atherton : 03-04-2016 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-05-2016, 03:59 AM

[quote=Finley Atherton;1059532]Great videos - very enjoyable.
I am really impressed how you managed to fit in all the gear you need and two bikes! My only suggestion is you really need a Kroger sunshade on that tip up canopy to help survive an outback summer

Hi Finley, thank-you for your comments.

My biggest hassle with the sunshade is my head already sits just under the canopy. I'm 6'3" and sitting under one of those i'd think it be like having someone hang a sheet over my head!

I'm mostly red in those images from the day riding around Cobar. We do carry a set of fold up suction style shades that fold away just beside my seat.

Thanks again,

Haydn
Old 03-05-2016, 11:26 AM

Great video, very inspirational, I also visited the towns virtually as you named them to get a little info.

Thanks.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:52 AM

Default Scenes from Newcastle

If you are wondering what its like where we are from, here is a short project we have been working on involving our Brompton Bicycles. The Instagram clip shows our home Newcastle Australia!

Our 2 Brompton Bicycles fit nicely in the back of our RV 7.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:39 AM

Default Thanks

Haydn & Alicia,

What a wonderful adventure enabled by your RV . . . what we all dream about! Australia is certainly beautiful and interesting, and in the opinion of this particular “Yank,” Australians as represented by the two of you, Eddie and Anne-Marie Seve, and your fellow Australian RV aviators make Australia a truly great country! Thanks for the videos and pictures!

Also, my wife and I have visited Newcastle . . . what a great place to live . . . your beaches are awesome!

Cheers from an ex-P.O.M.E. ,

Last edited by Bill Palmer : 03-27-2016 at 04:51 AM.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:38 PM

Alicia and Haydn,

Love the videos and I can't wait for additional episodes! Excellent editing and production quality, too.
2017 dues paid!
Old 03-28-2016, 03:21 PM

Thanks for the kind words Bill I'll pass them on to Anne-Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Palmer View Post
Haydn & Alicia,

What a wonderful adventure enabled by your RV . . . what we all dream about! Australia is certainly beautiful and interesting, and in the opinion of this particular “Yank,” Australians as represented by the two of you, Eddie and Anne-Marie Seve, and your fellow Australian RV aviators make Australia a truly great country! Thanks for the videos and pictures!

Also, my wife and I have visited Newcastle . . . what a great place to live . . . your beaches are awesome!

Cheers from an ex-P.O.M.E. ,
Cheers
RV-7 Phase 2, 30 Oct 2012
680 hrs July 2017