- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 03-14-2017, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvdave View Post
Bob,
Trying to grasp this scenario, if one stays standing on the wing walk would this still happen?
I think the issue is two people on the two steps at the same time, possibly complicated by baggage or people already in the back seat.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTurner View Post
I think the issue is two people on the two steps at the same time, possibly complicated by baggage or people already in the back seat.
This. My rule is only person at a time gets on the step and climbs on to the wing regardless of who or what is already in the cabin.

A couple of years ago at OSH we were in a departure hold due to a crash that closed the field. The plane was loaded to the gills with gear and my teenage kids in back. We got word the field opened and in our rush to get in and started my wife and I both got on both steps at the same time. I felt the plane start to tip and jumped off but it was too late and it settled back before I could catch it. The good news was we were still in the grass in front of our camping spot and that plus the relatively slow tip back resulted in only my pride being damaged.
WAR EAGLE!
Old 03-15-2017, 02:56 AM

My CG is definitely further back than I would like as I have a MT prop plus an ELT, strobe pack and ADAHARS behind the baggage bulkhead. I haven't flown 4 people and baggage yet but running the numbers shows I have to load carefully.

Plan a is to replace the Concord battery with an Earth X unit once it reaches the end of its life which will make a big difference......
ZU-IIZ - "Zeus"
2017 Donation Made