- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 03-13-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFeeney View Post
From Van's website:
Description

Engraved plate attaches under fuel valve lever to indicate tank in use. Can be fitted to all RVs (except the RV-10 &12) using standard valve supplied in kit. Mounting hardware not supplied: may vary depending on installation.
So the center hole was the only difference?
I was never sold on the Andair, so this may push me over the to keep the standard valve and save a couple bucks.
Yep -- just the center hole. You decide where and how many mounting holes to drill. 4 is probably overkill but I figured 4 would be necessary to have it sit as flush and even as possible on top of the carpet.
WAR EAGLE!
Old 03-13-2017, 11:40 AM

Thanks, I had ordered the red handle from Van's, then found out it wouldn't work, maybe they'll let me return it and I'll give this a try.

Lynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
From Van's: http://www.vansaircraft.com/cgi-bin/...el-valve-plate

It has to be modified by enlarging the center hole to use with the stock for the RV-10 fuel selector setup. One of these days I may CSK the attach screw holes for flat head screws, but for me that gets into "perfection is the enemy of good enough" territory and at this point there's other stuff I'd rather be doing.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:53 PM

Default Doesn't seat well either

I reamed it out. Got it so the handle lifts. Mounted it on the tunnel cover and it doesn't seat well/lock into position. May still be from the handle or shaft having issues though. Ill mess around a little more and see if a new day can make it work
Old 03-14-2017, 06:28 AM

FWIW, I used the Vans supplied fuel selector for 2 years. Every time I would change tanks I would cringe and hope the shaft, the pin or the valve would not break or come loose. I restricted my fuel tank changes to happen over an airport.
I finally succumbed to the Andair selector. What a difference. Nice smooth operation and much nicer looking installation..... I have never looked back....
WA0SYV
Aviation Partners, LLC