VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 02-27-2017, 08:51 AM

Default A Few Empennage Errata

These may already be covered in the "gotcha" thread, but I thought it might be helpful to point out a few mistakes I've found in the plans lately. And yes, I've called Van's to discuss each of these.
First, on page 5-31 the CCR-246SS-3-2 blind rivet should actually be CCR-264SS-3-2 as called out on page 10-20 where it is used for attaching a nutplate. They inadvertently transposed two numbers.
Next, on page 10-19 in step 1 where it is telling you to rivet the left and right aft tailcone bottom skins to all those parts, F-01409 is erroneously included in the list. This bulkhead doesn't actually get installed until page 10-27. And lastly (for now) on page 10-20 the note saying all 8 of the nutplates that surround the inspection cover should be dimpled is incorrect. Only 6 of the 8 should be dimpled since the top two are inside the longeron, and none of those are dimpled.