VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 02-21-2017, 01:21 AM

My 30 years of experience using it has shown that the self etching properties work very well if the surface is cleaned well before spraying.

I do pre-scuff with scotchbrite in areas that will have high abrasion (cockpit, etc.). Scotchbrite prep is not a problem. It scuffs no where near the roughness that blasting does.

Some other discussion in the recent thread....
http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...d.php?t=146562

Scott McDaniels
Hubbard, Oregon
RV-6A (aka "Junkyard Special ")
Old 02-23-2017, 09:18 AM

Talking Thanks!

I just wanted to give a quick thanks to all the folks contributing to this thread. I was struggling to find the motivation to do some priming work over the past couple of weeks. Reading through this thread gave me several new ideas and the kick in the pants I needed. Last night I primed three fuselage skins, and I am hoping to get some more work done tomorrow (WX permitting).

I found some Bon Ami at my local hardware store (Do It Best). I prepped as described above (gray Scoth-Brite/Bon Ami) and I think this is some of my best priming to date. I'm even kind of looking forward to painting the interior.

Thanks again!

RV-7A Fuselage
N317PU Reserved
2017 Dues paid (July 2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 09:51 AM

Default Priming

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilermakerRV View Post
I just wanted to give a quick thanks to all the folks contributing to this thread. I was struggling to find the motivation to do some priming work over the past couple of weeks. Reading through this thread gave me several new ideas and the kick in the pants I needed. Last night I primed three fuselage skins, and I am hoping to get some more work done tomorrow (WX permitting).

I found some Bon Ami at my local hardware store (Do It Best). I prepped as described above (gray Scoth-Brite/Bon Ami) and I think this is some of my best priming to date. I'm even kind of looking forward to painting the interior.

Thanks again!
Congratulations. Don't you just love that green/gold color!
wirejock at yahoo dot com
Donated 12/01/2017. Plus a little extra.
RV-7A #73391, N511RV reserved (1,800+ hours)
HS SB, empennage, tanks, wings, fuse, working finishing kit
Disclaimer
I cannot be, nor will I be, held responsible if you try to do the same things I do and it does not work and/or causes you loss, injury, or even death in the process.

Last edited by wirejock : 02-23-2017 at 10:20 AM.