VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 02-02-2017, 07:42 AM

Angry VMS lighting

Does anybody have ideas for lighting the VMS screen? It is very dim and hard to see.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:58 PM

These are inexpensive take up little room and are easy to install about anywhere. The soft light works well for night operations. If you need the light for day time this is probably not your answer. If you check out AC spruce and put in cockpit light in the search engine you will find several options.
Ryan
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...?clickkey=4279
Old 02-02-2017, 11:04 PM

The previous post was assuming you didn't have backlighting on your VMS vision micro systems? If that be the case not knowing the system it may be that it has its own backlighting that was never hooked up or that the backlighting is run through a rheostat that needs to be turned on or may be tied to your nav lighting.
Ryan
Old 02-06-2017, 07:09 PM

Default Vision Microsystems lighting

Thanks. I suspect the display is lcd but can't find documentation as to exactly what it is. It is I believe designed to be visible in all lighting conditions, but is quite dim. I really do not fly at night, but daytime viewing regardless of sun angle is a problem. I have thought about a mini spot from ACS but with a side opening canopy I haven't found a good mounting site. The eyeball light is a good thought, but I'm not sure it would be bright enough to do the job. I've also thought about the led strips.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:43 PM

Default VM1000 Backlighting

The VM1000 does have internal backlighting, an external light source will not prove satisfactory due to glare on the smooth glass LCD screen and really does not provide the kind of light needed for reading the display in dark conditions.

Please see my article about backlights here for more information:
http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...ight=Backlight
Vision Microsystems EPI800 & VM1000 support:
http://vmsupport.weebly.com/