What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cockpit color change..

Tram

Well Known Member
It's been a long time coming and I'm finally going to make it happen.. Almost 500 hours worth of wear and tear and it's in need of some touch up, but I'd like to go from tan to a dark gray.

Pretty sure I have a good plan for how I'm going to go about it, but I thought I'd see if anyone has done a color change and had any tips?

Last year we completed an interior refurbishment that included repainting the interior. We had some new paint tinted to match the existing dark grey so I can't share advice about changing the color, but I can say there was several days of preparation involved and a LOT of masking. Matt Dralle's RV6 project site was a great source of information http://www.mattsrv6.com/MattsRV6

We also fitted new Classic Aero seats and armrests, custom made carpet, stick grips and lots of other details like powder coated canopy handle etc. We are really pleased with the result, it looks and smells like a new plane on the inside.

paint, or vinyl???

there are a lot of films out there that would make a pretty neat interior.:rolleyes:
featured_nsx_zpszxhotn6q.jpg

keep in mind a random pattern would hide seams and laps better.

Back