What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mark B's Facebook page

Dvalcik

Well Known Member
Sponsor
My good friends Mark and Al took 25DV out for a flight, since I'm in Maine and waiting for some good weather to get her up her. The 12 has been nice and warm in AL's hanger in PA since I let for Maine. Mark is going to fly her up and visit for a while. This was a photo from Mark's Facebook page. There were multiple text messages and comment through the day regarding N25DV flying.

mark-b-25dv.jpg

Marks comments: " Had the opportunity to fly David Valcik's RV-12 today. It was an orientation flight on the instrumentation set Dave has in his aircraft a Garmin 796 and dual screen Grand Rapids HX EFIS. Al Rubin went up with me, it was much appreciated. Al was able to help me with all the additional knobs that are in Dave's RV-12 and orientation to the avionics. With adjustable airflow for the oil radiator, adjustable airflow for the water radiator to help raise cabin heat there is a bit more to be aware of and control during flight. Hope to get a few more flights in before the ferry flight to the RV-12's new home base in Maine. Little more book work required on the Garmin and Grand Rapids gear is needed. Dave your plane flew like a dream, all landings were as smooth as glass today, Al can attest. Pic below is Dave?s RV-12 N25DV at Chester County today. Al went with me in Dave?s RV-12 and Mark Santoleri in an RV-9 and Scott Powers in his RV-8 also joined us at Chester County for lunch."

Mark-aprs.jpg

I even got a message from Vlad who made a comment from watching my aprs, too bad it wasn't me flying her.

Thanks guys for watching after her!

You guys sure can get more performance out of your -12 than I can! Must be the cold air....

Yea its performing better than when I left her in PA Not sure what they did but she climbs great according to Mark's video

Last edited:
Back