VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 05-10-2018, 10:42 AM

Looks like Jepp sells them but it does not list the GX60 in the compatibility list. Might want to give them a call.

https://jeppdirect.jeppesen.com/main...=prod850002_ca
PlanePower Alt, FlightLines Interior, James cowl & plenum
All lines by TSFlightLines
NSDQ

"The object of the game, gentlemen, is not to cheat death: the object is not to let him play."
Patrick Poteen, Sgt. U.S. Army
Old 05-10-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonGruber85 View Post
Questions on the GX60.

2. For the life of me I can't seem to find GPS approaches on my GX60. Is there some sort of lockout if the database isn't current or the unit's software is out of date? I "think" I've gone through every possible menu during some cross countries and for the life of me I can't find the approaches. Any help is greatly appreciated!
From page 6-22 of the GX60IFRGPS_COMM_UserGuide.pdf

Load Approach (GX50/60)
This option is available for the Active flight plan when a datacard with approach information is inserted into the GX50/60. Press ENTER to show the available approaches for the desired airport. Press SEL while in the NAV or Map function to go directly to this option.

On my GX60 with 2-year old database, I can load an approach 50 NM out for the airport that I am navigating to as long as there is an approach for that airport.
3,300+ hours
Building RV-8 S/N: 80012

To most people, the sky is the limit.
To those who love aviation, the sky is home.
Old 05-10-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV6_flyer View Post
From page 6-22 of the GX60IFRGPS_COMM_UserGuide.pdf

Load Approach (GX50/60)
This option is available for the Active flight plan when a datacard with approach information is inserted into the GX50/60. Press ENTER to show the available approaches for the desired airport. Press SEL while in the NAV or Map function to go directly to this option.

On my GX60 with 2-year old database, I can load an approach 50 NM out for the airport that I am navigating to as long as there is an approach for that airport.
So I tried that and came up with nothing. That is what is causing me so much grief. I have a database that I updated 2 months ago so near current. And I was flying into KCMI which has GPS approaches. Pressing SEL got me nothing. I tried other menus and couldn't find it either. I may call jeppesen to make sure the database that I got included gps approaches. Could that be my problem?