VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 09-20-2019, 01:07 PM

Default Well...

Well, I was going to stay out of it...but...that last comment about poor design and materials was it.

I have been very happy, overall, with my EFII experience.

I was an early customer of the System32, and although there was some frustration at times with the delivery of the new hardware, my experience with Robert has been excellent. I have NEVER had an issue contacting him or him replying to my questions or concerns. When I found that the new harness would not work well in the place of the Legacy, due to the way I routed it, Robert made it right. He has answered questions and phone calls at times when virtually no other company would have even been available. I have NO complaints with his customer service.

As far as the design and materials go, I have seen nothing in my System 32 that is less than top quality materials and construction. I had no issues with my fuel pump mount or anything else, for that matter. The ECU's are beautiful, the new harness as well.

My only frustration was the delivery schedule...but that was rectified as well.

Keep doing what you are doing, Robert!

RV-10
Structure - 90% Done
Cabin Top - Aaarrghhh...
EFII System 32 - Done
297 HP Barrett Hung
ShowPlanes Cowl with Skybolts Fitted - Beautiful
Wiring...

Dues Paid 2018,...Thanks DR+
Old 09-22-2019, 06:22 PM

Question Question about 30-day lead time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpaisley View Post
We traditionally had a 30 day lead time on systems, until we spent two years and a few hundred kilo$ to bring quality, safe, modern engine management to this market. Thankfully it's here now, fully functional and shipping. Now we have to scale to meet the need. Hopefully we can work back to the 30 day time frame this year. Our production runs 7 days a week, if we had 9 days a week, we would gladly use them.

Robert
Mr. Paisley,

On July 8th you said you'd begun production of the 2nd batch of 50 System 32 components that will "clear out all the back orders" (Including mine) and those 50 are still in process. When will you finish that run?

I ask because it looks like close to 90 days for you to complete a run of 50 systems. Given that, how will you get to a 30-day lead time for someone who places a new order with you sometime this year? That seems to indicate you're going to more than double your rate of output in a short period of time. (Less than 100 days left in 2019.) I'm no manufacturing expert, but that sounds hard to believe. I'm sure you've heard the maxim that "extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof". Is there anything you can tell us to make that seem doable?

Syrus
Old 09-23-2019, 12:22 PM

Default System32 kits

Hi Syrus,
We have many kits in process. Several kits ship each week.
Your parts are in the current completion batch,

Robert