What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone still make center console kits?

sbalmos

Well Known Member
Since Aircraft Extras stopped building their center console kit before I could throw my hands up and buy one, does anyone else still make a similar kit? I've got plans from another builder for his console that was made from fiberglass, and I've transferred that to 0.40" aluminum. But my fabrication skills are much more rudimentary than my imagination. The current attempt at building the console from the plans is... kinda tolerable. I can make the sides structurally stable enough. But I know I'll eventually be unhappy once I try and fabricate a top plate, much less start finishing it.

I've got a single DJM quadrant throttle, the Andair extended selector, and an armrest would be nice.

Some things you just have to admit you're not good at building. ;)

Scott---I hear ya'. I threw in the towel (right now) for my console/quadrant fabrication. AND--lets face it, it was slowing down what should have been progress. I may go back to it later, if I get this thing finished, and if the FAA would send me my 3rd class. LOL---this might be one of those education and recreation projects ---
Tom

Indeed Tom. When I said stable enough, it's just the sides kind of screwed in, and the bolts for the throttle hold it stable. So it's good enough for a first engine start run (maybe next weekend! Fingers crossed). But after that, all bets are off.

I have one of their EZ Out center consoles still in the original box that I'd sell. I bought it for around $240 all completed with nice black upholstery to match my RV7 interior. Very well built and fits just perfect. I installed it twice trying to get used to it but just cannot get my posterior to become narrow again. I'm 240 lbs and need the width down there.

So, either I slim down or I sell it. The first $200 dollar bill gets it delivered. Shipping included in the continental US. It is fully assembled, fits perfectly with a few screws replaced and the black upholstery is in perfect shape.

PM me directly if anyone wants it....

Well Scott, my quadrant mounting and valve lever was pretty stout, but I was never really happy with things. I got to the point of being frustrated with it. After flying in an RV6, I felt like we needed the room instead of the console. Still like the quadrant, so it might be an upgrade in the future.

Console for sale

I have one for sale if you are interested. Shoot me an email and I will send you some pics. [email protected]. It was from a kit...can't remember who. Set up for the flat DJM throttle.

I'm hoping to have pics of mine in the next few days, and more info to follow about how to get one of your own...

Back