What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Attaching wire clamps to F713 and F719

kaa

Well Known Member
Hi all,

I'm upgrading my panel and I'm a bit stuck on routing wires from the subpanel structure into the main spar box. The builder of the plane routed the wires down the side of the foot well (down at a straight angle to the rudder cables). They used a half inch thick piece of plastic ziptied to the wire bundle to separate them from the rudder cable. I don't particularly like this arrangement and would like to do something better, but I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas.

One idea i had was to attach a piece of cable organizer to the wall as shown on this picture: https://imgur.com/9nG72A6. However, this would require drilling holes for either rivets or #6 screw in F713 and F719, and I'm uncertain on whether this is allowed.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Limited routing opportunities, but doable.

I ran my bundles on either side of the heater center section against the firewall, then inside section on the floor. It does get tight under the fuel pump and up to the spar, though. Extra holes can be made in the spar, Vans has a nice drawing that has approved openings. All can be done, though.

I ran my bundles on either side of the heater center section against the firewall, then inside section on the floor. It does get tight under the fuel pump and up to the spar, though. Extra holes can be made in the spar, Vans has a nice drawing that has approved openings. All can be done, though.

I did the same on my 6A, though a plastic conduit is necessary, as we don't have a cover for that center section. This was no problem during the build, but could be a big hassle to move/re-route wiring on a finished plane.

I don't believe there is any issue drilling #30 or #40 holes where you propose, just keep the proper edge distance.

Larry

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for suggestions! Just to close this out, I checked with Vans and did pretty much what's on the picture in the original post.

Back