What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon AOA/Pitot tube.

findane

I'm building a 9A and getting ready to rivet the bottom wing skins. I've decided to go with Dynon avionics. I've heard the Dynon AOA/pitot tube is the way to go if using Dynon avionics. What kind of experience have RV builders had with Dynon?

Several threads on the forum here re Dynon and their pitot/AOA tube, so search is your friend on that topic. Good stuff.

They did release a new version of the pitot/AOA tube a while back, but if you are buying now you'll obviously get the newer version. If you got a hand-me-down you should check to make sure it's not the older version, and contact Dynon if needed.

I installed the Dynon heated pitot/AOA on my -9A. haven't flown it yet but the kit and instructions made the installation easy. No issues.

I have the Dynon heated pitot/AOA on my -7A installed on the left wing outboard inspection panel. Will be flying in the next few weeks, if all goes as planned.

The few interactions with Dynon I've had were very positive. I am also a member on their forum.

750 hours with it and can't say enough good things about it.

Look at the wing page of my website to see how I ran the lines.

Back