What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

opinions on upgrading from cherokee to RV

oldrockfan

New to the forum and considering upgrading from my current Cherokee 140 to a faster plane. I've looked at the usual options such as the mooney, arrow but have had multiple people suggest I look at the RVs as a cost effective alternative.

I'm a low time pilot (less than 100 hrs). I've had my ppl just over a year and most of my time is in my personal Cherokee 140. I do have 12 hours in cessnas. I use the plane for a mix of business travel 200-400 mile trips and pleasure flying with the wife. It would be fun to be able to fly with 4 onboard but realistically... 95% of my flying is either solo business travel or with the wife.

We own our current plane and are planning on selling it and adding money to upgrade to something faster. A big factor for us is ongoing cost and we would like to keep that low so we can justify more flying time.

So now with that background... the question is can a low time pilot handle the jump from a Cherokee 140 to an RV? Which one do you think would be the best option for someone like me? Oh I guess budget would help. We are looking at spending 40-60k so not a huge budget to work with. Just my basic research it looks like the RV6A, RV7A or RV9A would be my best bets with the 6A being cheapest and 7A being most expensive. I'm fine with fixed prop/0320 engine since those seem to sell cheaper and still offer a great speed bump from my current Cherokee. I'd welcome any suggestions/advice.

Welcome to VAF. You'll find a lot of similar requests and replies in the archives, but the bottom line is that none of these planes are a quantum leap in terms of the required skills. There are a lot of folks who have actually built first and then learned to fly and a lot who were low-time Cessna/Piper pilots when they bought or built an RV.

Generally operating cost is less because you can do all your own maintenance except the annual. And mileage is better than most others.

Good luck on your search.

Greg

Big question is, are you interested in aerobatics? If two-person cross-country, at lowest operating cost but reasonable speed is your goal, then look at the -9A. It is not aerobatic. If you want loops and rolls, then the -6 or -7 or 6A or 7A is what you want. ('A' means nosewheel, no 'A' means tailwheel. Another choice for you to make)

Last edited:
Sell Cherokee, buy RV, get transition training don't look back.

You will find the Vans world so much more enjoyable and affordable in MANY respects.

Welcome to VAF!

New to the forum and considering upgrading from my current Cherokee 140 to a faster plane.

Matt----First off, welcome aboard the good ship VAF.

I'd welcome any suggestions/advice.

OK, here is my dos centavos------your low hours are not a problem, there have been more than a few folks who have built and flown the RV (of many different models) with less hours.

Get a ride in all models if you can. You will most likely get offers here, just from your original post. Depending where in Texas you are, the RVs down there are thick as mosquitos.

Dont restrict yourself to the "A" models.

Define what you want/need from the plane--------acro?? cross country?? 1, 2, or 4 seats? IFR/VFR? Glass panel or steam gauges? ETC.

Above all, dont rush things-------take time to learn, and make informed choices/decisions.

Last edited:
Sell Cherokee, buy RV, get transition training don't look back.

You will find the Vans world so much more enjoyable and affordable in MANY respects.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm not knocking Cherokees, I trained in them and liked them, but even an RV-12 would be a step up in speed and way down in operating cost. And a BIG step up in fun. :)

Assuming your mission is as you described - sounds like a perfect use case for a 9/9A. I looked hard at this option before buying a Bonanza (long story). The 9A would be a very easy transition for you - good speed and economy, stable like the Cherokee, great platform for IFR training when you're ready. It flies very well with lower power (O-320) and costs to maintain are very low especially if you go carbureted and fixed pitch. One option would be to buy a VFR panel and upgrade when you're ready to go IFR.

It shouldn't be hard to find some RV owners near you - lots of them in Texas!

Big question is, are you interested in aerobatics? If two-person cross-country, at lowest operating cost but reasonable speed is your goal, then look at the -9A. It is not aerobatic. If you want loops and rolls, then the -6 or -7 or 6A or 7A is what you want. ('A' means nosewheel, no 'A' means tailwheel. Another choice for you to make)

I think tricycle gear is best for me since that is what I'm already used to. Don't think I will be doing aerobatics so the 9A would be fine although I'd not be opposed to a 6A or 7A and who knows... maybe a little light aerobatics would be fun? Course the wife might say otherwise :rolleyes:

I will check the archives for similar threads... I did search and didn't find anything but probably just need to be more creative with my search words. Thanks for the input and I'm going to be reading up on the 6A, 7A and 9A threads to get a better understanding of the differences.

Me too!

I was in the exact same boat about a year ago. Owned a 1966 Cherokee 140 that I bought to learn and achieve my PPL. Then a friend borrowed it for a cross country and the alternator regulator crapped out.

Another friend offered to take me and the replacement in his RV-8. When we got back, I started looking for a buyer, which took until last December.

Any one of the RVs you are considering will work well but the -9 is more likely to be in your budget, IMO.

EDIT: This RV-9A is in the VAF classifieds. Good timing!
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=135741

Last edited:
I crossed the 100 hr total time PPSEL mark in my 6A, and most of my time before that was in 152's. I'm now over 600. You will spend slightly more on insurance until you get some hours in type, but it is not bad at all. You will need transition training to get insured, but you will want it anyway.
In my opinion, the 6A is the best bang-for-the-buck out there. Just find a solid build (get some experienced RV eyes to check it out) and upgrade it as you like. That last part is the nicest change you will find from your Cherokee world, except that you won't want to take the RV out of flying status because...well...you'll want to fly it!

My 2 cents

I went with the 9a from a Cherokee 140 and haven't regretted it. My mission seems similar to yours.....cross county flying and no acro. And you can afford to just hop around the pattern too. Flew it to Oshkosh last year, struggled to keep up with a 6 and a 4; just fly with people who don't mind slowing down a bit. ;). Like most have said take your time picking one out, get rides, have your wife get rides also. You can always rent a 4-seater when you need 4 seats. Good luck with your search!

Rebecca

I went with the 9a from a Cherokee 140 and haven't regretted it. My mission seems similar to yours.....cross county flying and no acro. And you can afford to just hop around the pattern too. Flew it to Oshkosh last year, struggled to keep up with a 6 and a 4; just fly with people who don't mind slowing down a bit. ;). Like most have said take your time picking one out, get rides, have your wife get rides also. You can always rent a 4-seater when you need 4 seats. Good luck with your search!

Rebecca

Rebecca is absolutely correct - have your significant other get rides in the RV.

I went from an early Bonanza to RV-6 as our cross-country ship. The fuel burn and speed were outstanding. However, I replaced the 6 with another Bonanza in less than 2 years because my wife needs more room - she usually takes up the entire back seat so she can stretch on long trips, and her things just do not fit the 6's baggage compartment.

I'm a fan of tail wheel, they are not difficult, and are fun to fly. Any of the Rv tail draggers are simple things to fly. Go take a ten hour aerobatic course in a Decathalon, you will get a tail wheel endorsement and become a more proficient pilot. Then make your decision, I think you will wind up with something aerobatic, as nothing is better than throwing the plane around a half an hour before sunset when the winds are calm and a cold beer and steak tips await your return.

Any will do

Matt,

I transitioned to RVs at your experience level. No problems at all. Get some transition training, and you are good to go. I went with a 6a since I found them the least expensive to buy. If you look at the overall numbers, the 6's have the most completions, I think that is why they are the least expensive. If you can live with a little backseat, I found you can get 4's for a little less.

Do get a ride for your better half before buying. All of the RVs are "small." Some just can't stand that. Luckily my wife is fine with our 6a. As others have said, one really nice feature is the planes are easy to change. I am upgrading from VFR to simple IFR now so I can do the training in my plane. Can't imagine I would ever really fly it in bad weather, but it did not cost me much. Overall you won't be disappointed in any RV you choose.

Blue Skies,

Geoff

Look me up....

Matt, welcome.

My RV-6 is based at 52F just north of DFW. Let's go fly my plane for thirty minutes. I'll take off and land with you following along on the controls....you do the rest of the flying.

We'll get you squared away - you'll figure out the speeds quick. I had about 100 hours TT when I started flying this...

v/r,
dr

Matt,
I am taking lessons and building a 9A. I thought I would save money using my 9 for lessons, but I think I am better getting my license in a trainer.
I have flown 2 different 9A's and a 12. All were tons more fun and better than the Archer or 172 I am training in.

Matt, welcome.

My RV-6 is based at 52F just north of DFW. Let's go fly my plane for thirty minutes. I'll take off and land with you following along on the controls....you do the rest of the flying.

We'll get you squared away - you'll figure out the speeds quick. I had about 100 hours TT when I started flying this...

v/r,
dr

...and I've got a 7A just across the runway from Doug if you want to try a cross-sampling. BTW, I chose the 7A for two mission sets: Day-night cross country and sport flying (aero and formation flying). It has NAILED both mission sets. My wife and I cruise at 165KTAS for about 8.5 gph and 3.5 hours plus reserves.

I know exactly where 52F is ... I live maybe 20mins from there. I did my lessons at Decatur muni but have flown out of NW regional and wife and I like to go out there to the little restaurant and watch the airplanes. I would love to go up in both planes and would be happy to pay for the fuel if you guys are up for it! Just let me know when you have some time... it would be fantastic to get some first hand experience in a 6 and 7.

Definitely you need to "upgrade" to an RV. You won't regret it and probably the best part of being in the RV world instead of the cherokee world is that you won't find a more fun, helpful bunch of people.

You will have no issues transitioning from the Cherokee 140 and a RV.
I'm comparing it to my RV7.
The landing approach is very similar with the sink rate coming into the flare.
I had 340 hours in my PA28-140 when I transitioned to the RV.

The only issue I had to get used to was in the 140, I always had to plan my climb ascents to clear the clouds ahead when climbimg 300 FPM. Now, I can just pull the stick back and typical climb around 1800 FPM. :rolleyes:

I own and fly a Cherokee, plus I regularly fly a RV-12, am currently building an 8A (I fully intend to yank and bank and get upside down in it) and have flown - or flown in - a variety of other RV's (4, 6A, 7, 7A, 8A, 10). Get transition training and get comfortable. If you're a reasonably solid and confident pilot you'll enjoy it and do just fine.

I currently own and operate a -151 Warrior ... Planning on starting a -9A very soon now.

Van's Airforce is a contributor to the decision. I'm also on a Piper forum and a lot of people there are just unbearable. I went there a few weeks back after not interacting with them for months on end, for a quick question, and I got attitude right from the first reply. Came back here running!

...and I've got a 7A just across the runway from Doug if you want to try a cross-sampling. BTW, I chose the 7A for two mission sets: Day-night cross country and sport flying (aero and formation flying). It has NAILED both mission sets. My wife and I cruise at 165KTAS for about 8.5 gph and 3.5 hours plus reserves.

......and I have a -10 near Sid if you are looking for more room. I find the -10 a very comfortable x-country machine with loads of room to stretch out and carry stuff.

Let me know if you would like a flight.

TJ

Don't let other "Certified Aircraft" owners tell you what to do or not to do, do what you want. I learned in a 172 and own a C150, love flying both. I am building an RV9 with the intention of traveling and being able to see the country in comfort and reasonable amount of time. There is nothing wrong with the planes I currently fly but tell me what Certified airplane will replace a brand new RV of any seriers for a reasonable price that is not 50 years old??
Get a ride and your decision will be clear, enjoy whatever you decide.

I flew a Cherokee for a while. My guess is, after you feel the performance of a 9 or 6, you'll be ruined for general aviation aircraft! My wife and I are learning to pack smarter and my guitar or golf clubs will not fit but that speed and light touch has spoiled me to point of no return! :p

...tell me what Certified airplane will replace a brand new RV of any series for a reasonable price that is not 50 years old??

50 years old means nothing to me, only condition.

I bought a well-maintained NDH Mooney with a very low time recently overhauled engine from a reputable rebuilder for about $3,000 more than the cost of a quick-build RV-9 kit alone (i.e. kit without engine, prop, panel, etc). In other words, for about half the cost of a flying RV-9.

The Mooney will cruise at 150kts and 10gph. RV-9 160++ knots on 8-8.5/hour.

I'm not an A&P but I do 99% of the wrench turning with close oversight. It's hard to imagine the Mooney costing more than the RV-9 to own/operate in the long run in MY situation where I sought/waited for a good deal and I do my own work. I don't mean to knock the RVs in the least, but for me the Mooney was cheaper, has back seats, and a roughly equal range. YMMV.

If PNC changes occur, the certified aircraft will cost little more to maintain than an experimental. Additionally, I'd expect PNC to reduce the value of the RV fleet and increase the value of many certified aircraft making the latter a better investment. Clearly this is speculation, but something to consider before plopping down $75,000.

Go For It

Matt
Go for it. I transitioned from my 1966 Cherokee 160 to an RV8. I sold it because my wife got tired of sitting behind me and wanted to sit beside me.

Be sure you get good transition training. I did mine in a Super Decathlon and loved every minute of it. I never realized how sloppy and poor I was with my feet. Getting a tail dragger endorsement has truly made me a better pilot.

As for which RV to choose, ride in one, and then decide. They are magic carpet rides. Speed, fuel burn, power, cost, and etc. I would not trade or sell my RV7 for anything. All my stress is gone once I fire the engine up and pull the canopy shut. I have never looked back nor will you.

I wish you the best. If you were closer I would take you up in my 7.

Good Luck,
Darren Kerns
RV7 N599DT

What is "PNC"?

Bevan

50 years old means nothing to me, only condition.

I bought a well-maintained NDH Mooney with a very low time recently overhauled engine from a reputable rebuilder for about $3,000 more than the cost of a quick-build RV-9 kit alone (i.e. kit without engine, prop, panel, etc). In other words, for about half the cost of a flying RV-9.

The Mooney will cruise at 150kts and 10gph. RV-9 160++ knots on 8-8.5/hour.

I'm not an A&P but I do 99% of the wrench turning with close oversight. It's hard to imagine the Mooney costing more than the RV-9 to own/operate in the long run in MY situation where I sought/waited for a good deal and I do my own work. I don't mean to knock the RVs in the least, but for me the Mooney was cheaper, has back seats, and a roughly equal range. YMMV.

If PNC changes occur, the certified aircraft will cost little more to maintain than an experimental. Additionally, I'd expect PNC to reduce the value of the RV fleet and increase the value of many certified aircraft making the latter a better investment. Clearly this is speculation, but something to consider before plopping down $75,000.

What is "PNC"?

Bevan

From the blog post below:
"An airplane in the PNC category could be maintained by its owner, and would not need to use FAA certified equipment or replacement parts. A PNC would be very much like a homebuilt in terms of maintenance and equipment requirements."

The Part 23 re-write that was recently presented does not include PNC provisions, though many (including myself) expect some form of PNC option to be forthcoming.

http://macsblog.com/2014/03/could-your-airplane-be-a-pnc/

Edit: My apologies for the lingo. PNC=Primary Non-Certified [Correction: PNC=Primary Non-Commercial - a moderator] registration option for owners of factory-build standard category aircraft. For those familiar with the Canadian system, PNC would be analogous to the Canadian Owner Maintenance category, except that PNC (as previously proposed) would provide an avenue for PNC aircraft to go back to standard category if the entire aircraft was returned to all standard category equipment, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
A fundamental rule when writing "government-ese" is to spell out the acronym in parenthesis on first use. It is absolutely necessary when pulling a quotation from another source.

Thus,

PNC (Primary Non-Commercial) according to the above quoted Mac McClellan article, "Could your airplane be a PNC?" March 25, 2014.

After first use, the author can "PNC" all day long.

A quick check of the acronym dictionary reveals 170 meanings of the acronym "PNC."

Last edited:
A fundamental rule when writing "government-ese" is to spell out the acronym in parenthesis on first use. It is absolutely necessary when pulling a quotation from another source.

I stand corrected. Dumb to say, but I forgot where I was. In factory-built plane forums the PNC proposal has been talked about for years and the term is generally known.

thanks for all the great feedback guys (and gals). I'm really looking forward to going up in a couple RVs and seeing how they do. From what I have read... it will be a real change from the tame performance of my Cherokee. Even still... my Cherokee has been a great plane for the wife and I. I enjoyed every hour of the training to get my PPL and now wife and I enjoy just jumping in the plane and cruising somewhere. The only weakness of the Cherokee is the speed. Hard to do longer trips at 100-110mph. I regularly fly fort worth to Lubbock on business and it sure would be nice if I could go a bit faster :)

The other aspect of this question is whether or not you are comfortable with an experimental amateur built airplane? Their build quality ranges from awesome to hideous and their systems design, control layout, engine installation differ like snowflakes. No two are the same. Are you technically knowledgable enough to recognize a lemon? Are you will to get to know the technical details of your airplane? There likely won't be an aircraft flight manual that explains every detail. You will have to get to know your machine and all of its avionics and systems on your own. For many of us that's half the fun. Other people don't want anything to do with that. They want to turn the key and have it work.

So you need to consider if you are a suitable candidate for an experimental airplane. They are not the right machine for everyone, but if you fit the mold there is nothing better.

I am hoping i will be fine with it... my other hobby is restoring old cars so I at least I have a basic understanding of motors, sheetmetal, etc. I realize it isn't the exact same but might hopefully at least give me a little help.

Cherokees and RVs

Oldrockfan, not much to add to the discussion, but I am also a Cherokee owner and am on Cherokee Chat along with you. A while back I posted there that I was also building an RV-9a. Not sure if your plan would be to buy or build, but I can tell you that this group is an invaluable resource for both options. I have never attempted a project of this size before, but after a year or so, the most valuable thing I've learned is that this forum is a great place for info and support.

Good luck with whatever you decide. And in the meantime enjoy the Cherokee. I sure enjoy mine.

I owned a Cherokee 140 for about 10 years. It was my first plane. I helped friends build several RVs along the way, got my tailwheel endorsement, and was allowed to fly the RV-4 and RV-8 I helped with the builds quite a bit. I loved my Cherokee, but those 8 hour long flights from WFalls to Oshkosh in the Cherokee versus 5 hour flights there in the RV-8 sealed the deal....I had to get myself an RV of my own. So the Cherokee was sold and when this RV-6 that another friend of mine built was offered for sale, I secured financing and bought it. I do miss the comfortable front seat roominess of the Cherokee sometimes, and also the way it made child's play out of gusty crosswind landings, but I sure don't miss the low max cruise speed it had. :D I also don't miss being hog-tied to the obtuse regulatory constraints of maintaining a certificated airplane either.

Last edited:
If buying get a prebuy

Hi Matt,

Sounds like you are down near the center of VAF country. Make sure you get some help with a prebuy inspection if you choose to go that route. I have a friend here who is an IA that built his own Rv7a. He did my prebuy, and was invaluable. I passed up one plane before I wound up with the 6a I have. I honestly did not know all the things to look for, he did. Worth every penny I paid. I also made a really good new friend. Good luck in choosing what to do, and in flying an RV!

I just did that same thing. I went from an 800-ish our PA-28 pilot to an RV-10. I found that the -10 is easier to fly and land than a PA-28 ! The stick and the horsepower were not at all hard to get used to. Especially the stick...which felt natural in about 30 seconds and was never thought about again. The avionics, going from steam to glass, that was a different story...but the internet and youtube are your friend there....soak up as much as you can...

Overall...a VERY easy plane to fly. Hard to stall. Docile in power on or power off stalls. Quick and smooth...a real pleasure to fly. Again...find it easier to fly and land than my PA-28-180...so go for it.

I am hoping i will be fine with it... my other hobby is restoring old cars so I at least I have a basic understanding of motors, sheetmetal, etc. I realize it isn't the exact same but might hopefully at least give me a little help.

Did I understand up the thread that you are in the North Texas area?

DFW?

Then you can't go wrong with Walt Aronow at EXP Aircraft up at 52F (Northwest Regional) taking a look at any candidates for you.

I learned a TON from him doing the pre-buy's on two aircraft that were rejected that gave me the confidence I needed to find one that passed muster and that I bought.

(It must have been a good one, as I just took it into Walt's for it's first "new-to-me" annual and while there were some minor squawks, it got a thumbs up as a good, solid build!)

Took me about a year of searching to snag mine....so you'd better get things rolling!

PM me if you want any add'l info.

Fly Safe,

Rob

thanks guys... I am a big believer in getting a good prebuy and realize that it may take quite a while to find the right plane. My mechanic did pre-buys and rejected two cherokees before I found my current plane. First step will be figuring out which model best suits my needs. Based just on what I am reading... the 6, 7 or 9 are probably all good choices. I will have a better idea when I get to ride in a couple. In the meantime... I will gladly keep flying the Cherokee. It is slow but still darn fun :)

Last edited:
How many times have you seen 10 cherokee 140's get together for a flight for ice cream, formation fun or a run to get gas. Flying an RV-anything is much more than than just flying. It is the whole experience of education, speed, decisions about your unique plane, friendship and being around like minded people that makes RV flying so appealing. I have owned 43 different airplanes and none of them, except RV's, have ever had such an enthusiastic support group. You will make connections and friendships in the RV community that will last a lifetime. Good luck with your decision, you can't go wrong with any model.

I'll dare to post an alternative suggestion... (he says as he dons his flame-proof, bullet-proof Kevlar/Nomex suit! LoL)

I have a bit of time in RV's, and a bunch of time in Cessna's and the like. I also have most of my time in another low-wing homebuilt called a Davis DA2A which offers performance much like a Cherokee (but is waaaaaay more fun to fly!).

If, when you peruse the RV's, you keep finding the cockpit access difficult, or the cockpit a bit tight, or the baggage area a bit on the small side, I would highly recommend you take a look at the Stoddard-Hamilton GlaStar and Glasair Sportsman aircraft as alternatives. The GlaStar came first, then the Sportsman came along as its bigger, stronger brother.

They are kit-built airplanes, much like the RV's, but with a very different design philosophy. The principle designer of the aircraft wanted an aircraft that would give solid performance in cruise, while also offering near-STOL takeoff and landing performance, and the ability to carry a good load over longer distances. That same designer is the chief designer for the Quest Kodiak - an airplane designed for missionary work, and also one designed with the same kind of utility, strength, performance and flexibility in mind.

The primary load-carrying structure of the GlaStar/Sportsman is a welded steel tube cage - while it carries all the primary flying and landing loads, it also makes for an incredibly crash-worthy structure. Wings and tail surfaces are traditional aluminum construction. Sleek exterior lines are achieved with a molded fiberglass shell. The net effect is to produce an airplane that looks a bit like a Cessna Skycatcher, but which has excellent useful load, a very spacious cockpit and cargo area, and very good cruise performance (135kts on 180hp, typically). The wings fold back over the tail if one wishes to store the airplane in a tight space. The landing gear is easily converted between trike and tail dragger, and floats are quite easy to install, with no extra strakes or other aerodynamic mods required. If you really want to go "off roading", you can install Cub-like gear and tundra tires - while the Sportsman in this configuration won't get in and out of spots quite as tight as a Super Cub, it will leave the Super Cub in the dust in cruise.

The RV is the king in terms of performance/economy - there's absolutely no question about that. We're building a Glasair Sportsman and looked long and hard at the RV's (my wife loves the 8A that belongs to my hangar mate). When it came time to make the final decision, the Sportsman won out as a result of its broad range of capabilities and its adaptability.

The GlaStar/Sportsman/Glasair builder's forum is different than VAF - membership is fee-based, and represents excellent value. The forums have an entirely different feel, with no moderation. There has never been a need for moderation - folks just get along, with lots of good-natured ribbing going on. The association holds several fly-ins every year and has a presence at both Sun n Fun and Oshkosh, as well as a mass-arrival at Oshkosh.

Again, the RV's are great airplanes and I really enjoy when my friends offer me a seat in theirs. If you want to trade off a bit of cruise performance for comfort and utility, the GlaStar and Sportsman are a excellent choices. GlaStars can be found on the market in about the same price range as many of the 2-seat RV's, while the Sportsman typically ranges up closer to RV10 price territory.

If you'd like more info, drop me a PM. As with all homebuilts, you'll need to be comfy with the airplane and maintaining it. As with all certificated aircraft, your Cherokee is a great machine, but the limitations imposed on it by regulatory stricture will make any homebuilt airplane feel like you've truly found flying freedom.

Whatever aircraft you choose, I truly hope you enjoy the process of selling your current one and finding just the right new ride for you and your family.
As I say to my local RV friends... When we want to go fly-in camping, you jump in your RV, sprint ahead and nail down the best camping spots. We'll be along shortly in our flying pickup truck, carrying all the gear! :)

How many times have you seen 10 cherokee 140's get together for a flight for ice cream, formation fun or a run to get gas. Flying an RV-anything is much more than than just flying. It is the whole experience of education, speed, decisions about your unique plane, friendship and being around like minded people that makes RV flying so appealing. I have owned 43 different airplanes and none of them, except RV's, have ever had such an enthusiastic support group. You will make connections and friendships in the RV community that will last a lifetime. Good luck with your decision, you can't go wrong with any model.

Yup.

Kinda like an aircraft-related Harley Owner's Group (HOG's).

Maybe we should all mount up and head to Sturgis and take the place away from all that scooter trash?

:D

Just a quick shout out to thank Sid for the great ride in his RV7a today. It was a sweet airplane and was so much appreciated to take me up so I can get an idea of how it flies. Oh and I have to say it was fast but very smooth. Controls were so much more precise than my Cherokee. Thanks again Sid... you rock!

Just a quick shout out to thank Sid for the great ride in his RV7a today. It was a sweet airplane and was so much appreciated to take me up so I can get an idea of how it flies. Oh and I have to say it was fast but very smooth. Controls were so much more precise than my Cherokee. Thanks again Sid... you rock!

Hey Matt, my pleasure. It was a good day to fly (haze and all).

Back