What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Package arrival from the UK

TS Flightlines

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Vacation came to an end, had a gout flareup causing pain and inflammation in my left knee, that held me up for several days. BUT--
This Fed Ex package arrived from the UK the other day----and it was my long awaited Andair FS2020 duplex fuel valve, and 6 extra EF20 elbows. NO, not for me, or my RV, but to make better mock ups for you guys installing the duplex valve required for EFII and other full return fuel systems.

As many of you know, we've done a bunch of RV7's, a few RV14's, a RV4, a couple of RV10's, and currently playing with RV8 stuff. Having the valve and the parts we wanted, will allow us to make up better install packages for all RV series aircraft, as well as others. As my plan has been all along, we'll (eventually) make a full scale mock up of the valve and pump area for the RV4, 8, 10, and 14, like I have for the 7/9 series. The 6 fits the same stuff as the 7/9. Then we can mass-produce these install kits and speed up the lead time one these packages.

As with the 7/9 packages, we plan that everything will be a bolt-in install, and make it easier for you to work with. As many of you have addressed to me, bending tubing is one of the least favorite things you do in your builds (pro seal might top the list), so this should ease the frustration factor for you, and allow you to do funner stuff. (like fiberglass).

Many thanks to Andy, Owen, and Jenny at Andair for working with us to make this happen. Our partner company Aircraft Specialty is heavily involved as well, and together we have many more of these things happening in the background. Its all about supporting the RV and Experimental aircraft community that that supported us for 7+ years now. Ya'll are going to make me retire from my full time job and do this full time------UH OK---alot more fun and enjoyable. Now just have to find the time to finish my 7----or even just work on it----Yes Lee---I saw it the other day, really I did!

BTW---rumors of my impending move to Hawaii are rumors. But while it was 108* with the heat index 2 weeks ago at home, it was 80* and beautiful in Hawaii. SOOOOOO tempted.

Thanks to all of you for your support!
Tom and Suzanne Swearengen
TS Flightlines

My sympathies with your gout, I get it in the left big toe joint and is so painful I can't fly my RV. (It's not flying yet but makes it RV related)

Pete---its painfull as you know. Fortunately :eek: it happened after we got back. ( how to keep this RV related?? HUM---) Well cant fly with the pain, or medicated, or build hoses, so if there is a RV Doctor onboard that knows a better preventative----I'd sure listen. Might be the basis for a hose discount!
( well thats kinda RV related)
Tom

Gout

As an orthopedic surgeon I found the best quick relief was a single intra-articular injection of cortisone (I liked Kenalog best) followed by a week of rest. After that, be sure you get on an appropriate long-term drug to control the gout. Good luck!

Back