What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Artex ELT-135

mv031161

Well Known Member
Im posting this in the General section since ther is not ELT section in the Avionics section.

I finally purchased a 406/121.5 ELT. I got the new recently FAA TSO approved ARTEX ELT-345 (EDITED). Nice, Small and Light. Looks like an easy no brain installation.

If you buy one...BE CAREFUL. The dedicated whip antenna and coax cable (part of the kit and sellling price) somehow it is shipped separately by the manufacturer to the retailer as it does not come in same box (???????!!!!!!) Since unit is brand new (Sept 2015) Retailer wont ship w/unit. Luckily for me I was dealing w/ Aircraft Spruce who is sending the Antenna and Cable after they realized their mistake.

Last edited:
This is common practice with several other brands and models of ELTs as well. The reasoning is there are different types of antennas available depending upon installation requirements.

This is common practice with several other brands and models of ELTs as well. The reasoning is there are different types of antennas available depending upon installation requirements.

True for all others but not for the ELT 345 (EDITED) therefore the reason of my warning. Retailer thought the same maybe and decided perhaps there was a little extra $$$ to be made???

only one choice of antenna if you order the whip antenna version. The 345 (Edited) is the latest Artex ELT recently TSO in sept 2015

Last edited:
Where?

Hey Mitch,

I can't seem to find the new Artex ELT-135 on their site or ACS's. Do you have a link so I can check it out?

Thanks!

Mitch,

It sounds like you are describing the Artex ELT-345. Is that correct? Artex did not recognize an ELT-135.

LOL!!!!!!!!! ARTEX 345!!!!!!!! My Bad! Got the Antenna and Coax! Now off to the airport to play Spark Chaser!

Last edited:
Back