What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help with order packing lists needed

Vlad

Well Known Member
I am helping somebody in Europe to put together an order for an RV-8 SB kit. We are trying to make it as complete as possible. We would like to delete several items (like gear legs, throttle, fuel caps, fuel selector etc) and substitute them with aftermarket parts or options offered by Vans. I would like to have inventory lists for wings, fuselage and finish sub kits to look over and discuss with new builder what he would like to delete and what to add. If somebody has his packing lists scanned could you please email me a copy [email protected]?

Also what items you would order if you have the means to buy it as complete as possible, you have plenty of time to order and only one shipping container. Engine, prop, FWF, tools, sticks and so on and so forth... avionics NOT included. I am building a 9 and I already know what he may need from Spruce, Stein and Luke.

Thank you all who looked :). What items numbers are Vans gear legs and bubble canopy for RV-8? We plan to remove the items from the kit in favor of Grove and Todds'. Thanks.

The gear legs are U-801-L(&R)-PC. The canopy is C-801. If you are going with Todd's for the lower cost I would get a number from Van's for the price break on deleting the canopy. Its not that much and the with the extra item shipping from Todd's .......

Jerald King
RV8 doodling wiring runs
Tucson

Grove Gear: Other Parts

Van's will send you copies of sample packing lists (text format) on request. They will need to know some specifics such as what type of engine mount, induction system, etc. to get the best sample list match with your project.

If you're going with the Grove gear, Grove provides their own brackets so you should delete Van's gear brackets:

Two each U-803-PC
Two each U-804-PC

For Grove airfoil gear legs, you can also delete the gear leg fairings from the Finish Kit:

One GEAR LEG FAIRING FLAT -------SUB-KIT------- consisting of:
Two U-812 GLASS LEG FAIRING FLT
Two HINGE PIANO 063X3' LEG FAIRING HINGE ALL
One BAG 871 AN426AD3-4 RIVETS
One DOC LEG FAIRINGS FLAT INSTR/PLANS DWG 50

Note that Fairings, Etc. makes intersection fairings for the Grove airfoil gear. You can also make your own.

Good luck,
Mike

Last edited:
Jerald and Mike,

Many thanks, much appreciated. Little by little this amended order will be in proper order :) Would you be please so kind to look for fuel caps, stock fuel selector, throttle/prop/mixture cables and cowling hinges if you still have your packing lists?

Back