What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aerosport Panel pics

SeanB

Well Known Member
Hi all,

I'm the proud owner of one of Geoff's symmetrical carbon panels from Aerosport Products. I'm finally getting ready to install my two G3X Touches, GTR200, and GMC307. Also using a VPX Pro.

Anyone have pics of your center stack bracing, and other sub-structure I can reference? The Aerosport panel has a center stack that protrudes some from the rest of the panel. This is making me scratch my head some on radio tray mounting. The first set of mounting screws for that tray are in the "protruding part". Have some ideas, but will appreciate any you may have as well.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I'm the proud owner of one of Geoff's symmetrical carbon panels from Aerosport Products. I'm finally getting ready to install my two G3X Touches, GTR200, and GMC307. Also using a VPX Pro.

Anyone have pics of your center stack bracing, and other sub-structure I can reference? The Aerosport panel has a center stack that protrudes some from the rest of the panel. This is making me scratch my head some on radio tray mounting. The first set of mounting screws for that tray are in the "protruding part". Have some ideas, but will appreciate any you may have as well.

Thanks!

I have Geoff's original panel, but the mounting concept would be similar.

I fastened the trays together first.

FP28112011A0002C.jpg

I had to cut a hole in the sub-panel.

FP16112010A000VM.jpg

What you can't see if that on the front side of the hole, I mounted a small tray that the radio rests on. That takes weight and pressure off the front rails that mount to the panel insert.

In my case, I sandwiched the carbon fiber in between the rails and the panel insert. With the symmetrical panel, depending on how you trim the insert area, you may or may not want to do something similar.

FP21012012A0000U.jpg

FP21042013A0005D.jpg

I hope this helps. If you still need assistance, just give Geoff a call.

bob

Thanks, Bob. A friend and I recently had a similar discussion about sandwiching the carbon up front. Looks like that should work.

Thanks, Bob. A friend and I recently had a similar discussion about sandwiching the carbon up front. Looks like that should work.

Just make sure you have a method to take some of the weight off the rails. Like I mentioned, in my pass through the sub panel I built a shelf that one of the trays sits on. This way there isn't much stress on the insert panel or carbon fiber.

Back