What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Up North Aviation

SeanB

Well Known Member
I wanted to pass along my very positive experience with Bill at Up North Aviation. I've reviewed many archived posts for solutions to baffling and the challenge of the ECI tapered cylinders. Another builder (sorry...can't remember who it was right now) had the adapter plates provided on ECI's site cut by Bill. I decided to do the same and see how it works in my application.

Bill jumped right on the job for me, and even with a CNC giving him problems that day, got these cut and on their way. Looks like he does fuel cap engraving and panel fabrication as well. Excellent communication and service. I plan to use Bill and Up North Aviation in the future as a result of this experience.

I'm the guy who provided the drawings to Bill and had him cut a set of adapters last winter. Absolutely right about Bill and his service. Top notch and reasonable prices.

He's cut some other parts for me besides the baffle adapters and those were right-on too.

RV-8 Panel

Just received my new panel from UpNorth for my RV-8 avionics upgrade. This is the second panel that Bill has done for me.

Bill does great work, was very patient with the numerous changes I made, and even made some valuable suggestions on what I might consider doing.

I sure hope this is my last panel, but I would of course use UpNorth again if the need arises.

Jim
N37PK

Yep John, you're the guy. I appreciate your posts on the subject and you taking the initiative to have Bill produce the parts. I'll receive mine in a few days. Hope I can make the bends well. Making these parts on my own would have taken several hours. I can now put that labor elsewhere. Well worth Bill's price!

I received a pile of these Baffle Close Outs for my ECI Tapered Cylinders today. I've got a couple local builder/friends that will need these, plus got a few spares to practice the bends these will need (as suggested by John in his original thread). Very nice work by Bill at Up North Aviation. Having him produce these parts saved me tons of time, plus they are much nicer than what I could have done! Thanks, Bill!

FP10102015A00096.jpg

Last edited:
Back