What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Places to fly to Around Atlanta!

Jetguy

Well Known Member
Im heading to PDK Atlanta tomorrow for 4 days to visit my daughter. Looking for any info on places to fly to within 200 NM from Atlanta. Also any lunch restaurants at local airports near by to. Anybody have any positive feed back on Atlantic Aviation at PDK? I Plan on going down to FFC to Aircraftspruce. Thanks for any input. :D

I have used Epps both times I have been to PDK and found them to be really friendly and helpful, even to us little guys. Had our rental car on the ramp for us and best fuel prices at the airport. Sorry can't help with other destination ideas...

Chris

PIM for BBQ and cheap gas.
Jeckyl Island for lunch and a free golf cart to explore the island.
AHN for lunch and a free courtesy car into town.

FFC will be busy next week as the runway is closed at CCO. The flight school will be at FFC temporarily. Welcome to Atlanta!

Ben
FFC

GA2

Alexander Memorial, Grass strip nearby to the south. Taxi to Barnstormers Grill on the south end. Good Eats and a small museum...

The fall foliage is at peak color right now up in Asheville, NC. I took this three days ago:

yYObxR.jpg

Back