What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need a starter solenoid.

Darren S

Well Known Member
My Sky Tec starter solenoid has died after 900 hours. I called Sky Tec. They don't sell the solenoids by themselves. I have to buy the whole starter/solenoid assembly. Not gunna happen:)

Sooooo, where do I go to buy a solenoid? The starter is the Sky Tec Model No. 149-12LS.

Thx, Darren.

There is a thread on this. I'll try to find it. They seem to be available at the local parts store. Larry

My Sky Tec starter solenoid has died after 900 hours. I called Sky Tec. They don't sell the solenoids by themselves. I have to buy the whole starter/solenoid assembly. Not gunna happen:)

Sooooo, where do I go to buy a solenoid? The starter is the Sky Tec Model No. 149-12LS.

Search tool on this forum a powerful thing:

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=98832&highlight=skytech+solenoid

"Replaced it with a BWD #S5613 solenoid off the shelf at O'Reillys auto parts for $25. Now it works."

I believe I have a contactor I bought from Spruce but never used, I will verify part no. when I can get out to the hanger and get back to you if you have any interest.

Glenn Wilkinson

Back