What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X GDU 470 MFD Page

star57

Greeting to all and best of the Season;
Im using this forum as a way of making a public request to Garmin X Group to enable of the MFD function on the GDU 470 when its used only as a Back-Up PFD without any other G3X Touch.

In my plane I have a Garmin G900X set-up, and analog instruments as backup, Im installing the G3X 7" Portrait in the middle as replacement of the analog instruments.
I will have the GDL 52R giving me ADS-B In, will have the full ADHARS for the PFD function.
My request is to be able to use the full screen when I'm in VNC, Weather or Traffic mode rather than the bottom half of the PFD only.
This could be achieved by having a disclaimer on the screen that the user would have to aknowledge.
There may be other users with various different type of Avionics that would like to have the 7" portrait GDU for the same functionality as Im using it.

This could also be used as a gradual move to Garmin independent of what else you may have, its easier to find a 6.5" vertical strip on the panel than rip out everything

Thank you

Last edited:
Back