What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Which K&N Filter?

PCHunt

Well Known Member
Sponsor
My old filter has shrunk, needs replacing. The only number on it is a "mold" number, which doesn't cross to a part number.

RV-6, O-360-A1A (carburetor)

Round or slightly oval filter that gets "squeezed" between the bottom of the FAB and the plate that is bolted to the carb.

Need a part number............

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Pter,
I can check in the morning when I am at the airport. I remember reading a thread about using a different size and then you didn't have to beaver out the one spot for the carb. I believe the number is 3322? It was almost the exact surface area at the standard one.

I made my box a little bigger and just ordered a taller one by 3/4" same outside direction from KN. I will be interested in how it fits.

The O-320 carb requires the "beavering out" of part of the filter, but the O-360 carb does not. I'm not sure if the two filters are the same or not.

I have the O-360.

Thanks.

Great suggestion, should have thought of it myself! :eek:

Thanks, Scott. And thanks for being so active on this forum......

I keep 3 in stock just a a precaution and have sold a few to local friends. Many moons ago I found a dozen on E-bay for $5/filter. I could not resist and ordered them. Part number is E-3450 BTW. Avgas and the filters do not mix well as they tend to shrink in diameter. I have replaced the filter 3 times in 17 years just because I have spares.

Back