What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Grt autopilot Servos -roll/pitch...

tectweaker

Well Known Member
Was just starting the install the grt servos

It looks like that I have two pitch b servos instead of pitch b and roll b

Does anybody know is they are the same thing for both roll and pitch or they are different? Just trying to se if I need to exchange one of them.

I believe they are different. The pitch servos have an integral soft mount so it can sense the movement and give pitch feedback via the EFIS.

I just installed a new GRT setup over the holidays. My units had no unique indication of pitch vs roll and seemed otherwise identical. I believe that both units provide torque feedback (amount of torque being used) to the DU. They just don't do anything with the data for the roll servo as the ailerons don't really get dangerously out of trim. I vaguely recall asking this question during one of my calls with them. Mine certainly is feeding back data, as I observed it during calibration. I suppose I had a 50 50 shot and got lucky.

I am anxious to learn if I did something wrong with my setup. Please let us know what you learn from GRT.

Larry

Last edited:
I thought some more about this and now am thinking that one servo had a longer arm, which is required for intstallation as as roll servo for some applications. I had needed the longer arm on the previous Dynon installation and I would have instinctively assumed this was the roll servo.

I just can't remember. I also don't recall telling the DU, through configuration, which servo is which and therefore they must be different or at least have different s/w configurations.

Larry

Feedback from grt ...

Looks like the grt servos are indeed different for roll and pitch.

Looks like a packaging mistake . They are sending me a roll one.

Just wanted to update the thread so we all know ...

Back