What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VPX Update

RWElliot

I'm New Here
I'm currently building a 7A which should be flying in a few months. I have completed the wiring and installed a Skyview, VPX-Pro, Aero LED lights, electric trim and so on. I have done the initial set up and everything is working fine (on the ground).

My question is for those of you who are are currently flying with the VPX. Since the last software update was in May 2013 is there any updates you would like to see or are you happy with it the way it is?

I keep a list of update requests that I submit to the engineering team every January at our annual meeting. Things on the current list are-

More circuits
More power
Flaps UP incrementally
More trim power >5A
Connectors on one side of the unit
Mac integration
"Pullable" starter circuit
Planner update to backport the file

Feel free to add to the list...

It's been so long I don't remember but it would be nice to be able to configure the system without going online. Windows configure program.

It's been so long I don't remember but it would be nice to be able to configure the system without going online. Windows configure program.

There is a windows based configuration program.

What there isn't, is a planning program other than the web client. While the web client can help a novice, it's not really needed if you know what you want. It didn't come out until after I was finished with the configuration.

There is a windows based configuration program.

What there isn't, is a planning program other than the web client. While the web client can help a novice, it's not really needed if you know what you want. It didn't come out until after I was finished with the configuration.

That's what I was looking for. You can control the system and alter trims, etc in windows but you can't use the planner unless you're online. I'd like to see a windows based planner.

Back