What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need temporary project storage space near Salem

mburch

Well Known Member
Patron
Hi all,

My wife got herself a new job in Salem, so we are moving to the great Pacific Northwest. She has already moved into a small apartment out there to start her new job, and meanwhile I will be packing up and selling our house in the Midwest so I can eventually join her.

We intend to buy a house in Oregon in six months or so, but in the meantime I need to find somewhere to store my nearly-finished RV-7 project. Boxes of tools and parts will go into a storage locker along with some of the rest of our stuff, but I'd feel better if the wings and fuselage were somewhere more secure.

Anyone in western Oregon have a corner of a hangar they'd be willing to rent out to store my project for a while? No construction would take place there, only temporary storage. Ideas and contact suggestions also appreciated.

thanks,
- Matt

Salem

I'm based in Salem and will keep my eyes open. I'm sure you will be able to find something. There are a pretty good selection of hangars for sale as well.

kai

Thanks Kai. We are thinking about an airpark for our long-term house, just need a place to stash the airplane for a few months while we are in between houses!

- Matt

Sent you an email with my contact info via the forum, Matt. Might have one or more leads for you.

Welcome to Salem Matt. I am based there at KSLE. Great airport. Seems like there is lots of space around. I don't have any room but I am sure you will find something. Give me a call when you get to town and we can go fly my -9. Tony 262-391-7niner73

Thanks everyone for the information. I got connected with some hangar space that looks like it will work out just fine. Great to see the northwest RV guys are a friendly bunch! And thanks Doug for the resource - VAF is a great "switchboard". :)

- Matt

Back