What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Range Circles?

N941WR

Legacy Member
Is there a chart website, similar to www.SkyVector.com, that you can enter an airport identifier and a NM radius and have it draw a circle on the chart?

This would help us with some fun weekend flight planning.

If you have Foreflight, you can go to the airport and zoom out until the range rings are your desired range and there you go.

GPS Visulaizer is what I use.

Select "Calculators" on the top, and the second-bottom option gives you the option to do range rings around a Lat/Long or a location.

Plug in your hourly milage, separated by commas, eg, 180, 360, 540, 720, 900, 1080, 1260 and you have something like:

25499172064_c9cc8e3b0f_z.jpg

If you have Foreflight, you can go to the airport and zoom out until the range rings are your desired range and there you go.

I can do the same on my SkyView but that is in the plane.

To be honest, I have seen no reason to use Foreflight with the SkyView installed in my plane.`

I can do the same on my SkyView but that is in the plane.

To be honest, I have seen no reason to use Foreflight with the SkyView installed in my plane.`

That's interesting, because with the wifi adapter I like to use Foreflight specifically because I have the Skyview in my plane.

That's interesting, because with the wifi adapter I like to use Foreflight specifically because I have the Skyview in my plane.

Let's catch up at SnF (or OSH) and you can give me a demo, if you have the time.

Let's catch up at SnF (or OSH) and you can give me a demo, if you have the time.

Sounds like a plan. Are you flying to SNF? I can carry a wifi adapter with me and go flying with you to demo at the show. How many screens do you have?

Sounds like a plan. Are you flying to SNF? I can carry a wifi adapter with me and go flying with you to demo at the show. How many screens do you have?
Jesse, I hope to fly in on Friday but will have my young son with me, so I can't leave him on the ground. If you bring your -10, that will work fine.

If not, we can always use a phone.

Back