What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV's on Google Maps

DakotaHawk

Well Known Member
Just for giggles, try entering the following Lat/Long into Google Maps (in satellite view). Zoom in on the location and see if you can find a surprise!

48.14200/ -122.52050

Hat's off to Ken Westlund who showed this to me!

(Google Maps - NOT Google Earth!) http://maps.google.com

We are being tracked in more ways than one!!

Amazing!!:eek:

And they look good too!

James

Google Earth Nigerian Air Force RV-6A's

I don't have the coordinates but just punch in Kaduna, Nigeria on Google Earth and scan for the "Kuduna Old" airport. It's very easy. You can see what's left of the only genuine military RV fleet in the world. There's about a dozen Nigerian Air Force "Air Beetles" parked on the tarmac. There special built RV-6A's for primary training of Nigerian Air Force pilots.

I don't have the coordinates but just punch in Kaduna, Nigeria on Google Earth and scan for the "Kuduna Old" airport. It's very easy. You can see what's left of the only genuine military RV fleet in the world. There's about a dozen Nigerian Air Force "Air Beetles" parked on the tarmac. There special built RV-6A's for primary training of Nigerian Air Force pilots.

Here is a link for that one

OK, who had the time to actually find the RV formation off Camino Island near Arlington? That's a good catch.:D

?NAF??

So these guys got/built the planes.....are they still flying them? Is there a reported history? How did their nosewheels do? Any other structural problems come up in presumably severe useage? What kind of times are on these things?

Back