What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

JackPoints for the most popular kit plane in the world.

NYTOM

Well Known Member
Received today the very first delivered set of JackPoints for my 6A. They look like something that was designed for the Space Shuttle. Absolutely beautiful.
You could wear these on a chain around you neck and be in fashion. :D
Changing a tire is never going to be a challenge. Workmanship and quality is outstanding.

Round Gear Jackpoints

I just received a pair of Donnie Eccker's clever designs today and they are truly a work of art. They are precision machined aluminum alloy gadgets that bolt to the original bolt pattern that the brake calipers and gear fairing brackets attach to and remain there permanently. When needed you insert a small "arm" machined to the same precision with a common AN3 bolt and it provides a sturdy jack pad for a floor jack or a scissors jack.

I plan to install them on my newly acquired RV-9A project tomorrow.

Check the advertisers index or contact Don at [email protected]

anyone wanting photos just email me at . [email protected] I'm not good at attaching photos on VAF..

Here are pictures for those interested.

Round Gear image 1
kLFxJZDL6wUhofcclXcMhlTvG-S00I5VbjRMRPlfciZ5sOpqslbRJENxeRq6i9SAxbiLF6a-DPtRsw=w183-h220

Round Gear image 2
SwBuME2m-6Xgw6n72ABT-nidF45T8Qsw2jq9DNoumBlNoMJ0-Se7rSvcGIUnEbysRVo_vm3ijrWFsw=w173-h220

Round Gear image 3
hxF0BdqPfKi07N9XNG_Nv4roB3nW6ljsVeUJDaCM7Hk_TJwi_WfcqFDj-lUFRoryPffTymLSzi9PxA=w173-h220

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct me if I'm wrong. Looking at these photos, this jack pad installation would work best while the aircraft is in the build phase. Without the jack pad in hand, it appears modifications to wheel pants would be necessary on a flying RV-7 and possibly other models. I really like the jack pad, however I don't want to modify my beautiful wheel-pants. Has anyone mounted one on a flying aircraft with Van's wheel-pants?

The jacking arm goes on once the pant has been removed. The rest of the pad should fit nicely under the wheel pant.

Back